Shore diving Beqa lagoon resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whats behind the lense and the port . i dont take my d70 under i use a sd700is macro is not an option. are you wiating on the sand waiting for the oporunity will they come back out . im guessing its a spoted jawfish of sorts

I travel very slow along the bottom, I catch clams, scallops, and Gobys! I keep the Canon 20D out in front of me so once I see something I don't have to bring the camera up or thrust it forward to get the shot! Movement is what the little buggers react to! My muck dives at Beqa are up to two hours long! Once they sent divers out to find me as I glided in close to the dive shop at high tide! I scared the group half to death when I popped up in front of them! After some Oh ****s, they said they were coming to find me as I was gone for so long:wink:
Here is a Rough Headed Goby:
820__MG_4413_Boby_in_Coral_Beqa_Lagoon_Fiji_07.jpg

is it all that mucky . stay off the bottom i guess , are there any nemo's close in or anything else i should be looking out for

are there any nemo's close in

Maybe it's just me but the *only* place I've ever seen an actual clown fish is Thailand. I've seen oodles of other species of anemone fish elsewhere (including Beqa) but honest-to-God clownfish have eluded me outside of Thailand.

Anybody else?

The true Clown Anemone fish is further west of Fiji in Indonesia! There are Anemone fish at Beqa! Like these Tomatoes!
820__MG_4433_Clown_Fish_Blue_Starfish_Beqa_Fiji_07.jpg

well these guys will have to do. it doesnt have to be nemo exactly do they pose or do they attack. ive been bit once or twice . thankfully only by damsel fish with big narly teeth:D , what else bites in the nabourhood ( aside from the numerous sharks ) do you see them close in day ?night? or never- my wife might like that better .

well these guys will have to do. it doesnt have to be nemo exactly do they pose or do they attack. ive been bit once or twice . thankfully only by damsel fish with big narly teeth:D , what else bites in the nabourhood ( aside from the numerous sharks ) do you see them close in day ?night? or never- my wife might like that better .

They will attack you!

Here's three lining up for attack
3941024164_f77e90e317.jpg

whats there favorite body part or do they like whatever is closest

They seem to like fingers but that could be because I was holding out my camera :) Also my mask! They don't hurt though. It is quite comical watching them chase away other much larger fish from their anemones!

Back
Top Bottom