Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shore diving is not as good as the reefs offshore, but there is still plenty to see if you just slow down, take your time, you can see lots of critters. I like it because you can go anytime, the current is usually less, and sometimes I can get close to 2 hours of BT (depth approx. 18-23').
Welcome tank is like a welcome Margarita. Always nice.

I'm hoping to get a lot of shore dive time in, especially because the bottom time can be so good.

The invertebrates are just as fascinating to me as the bigger animals. I've never been there before but hopefully there will be lots of anemones, star fish, brittle stars, octopus, nudibranchs, cucumers, shrimp, crabs, etc on the shore dives.

I really hope we get to see lots of life, both large and small!

A welcome tank is a tank to do a shore dive with so you can get your weights and gear adjusted before you go diving on the boats.

Are you planning on going? Your "welcome" to join us! :D

Thanks Roxanne! Kinda like a freebie to get settled? :D

I'm about 95% committed. Need to make sure my work travel schedule doesn't interfere. Already found airfare and (possibly) buddies to room and dive with.

If I can though, I surely will!!! :wink:

Thanks again!
Paul

Thanks Roxanne! Kinda like a freebie to get settled? :D

I'm about 95% committed. Need to make sure my work travel schedule doesn't interfere. Already found airfare and (possibly) buddies to room and dive with.

If I can though, I surely will!!! :wink:

Thanks again!
Paul

That's great Paul! It's gonna be a wonderful trip with what's turning out to be a fun group. Looking forward to meeting you over that freebie. :wink:

That's great Paul! It's gonna be a wonderful trip with what's turning out to be a fun group. Looking forward to meeting you over that freebie. :wink:

Me too now! :cool2:

I should know within the next week if I can get away with it!! I know that I'll probably be going to Germany in May, but 'when' is the question. That's the extent to my planning calendar!!

I will post on here if I can go!!

Thanks for the push Roxanne! :thumbsup:

I think night dives are where the shore diving will be best. The critters are attracted to the light and you can bet I'll be testing theory.

A night dive in front of Hotel Cozumel is well worth the effort. Especially if you like non-fish species.

A night dive in front of Hotel Cozumel is well worth the effort.

Do they have lights in front of the hotel? Or we relying on the light we carry in the water?

Either way, I'd love to go! :wink:

Do they have lights in front of the hotel? Or we relying on the light we carry in the water?

Either way, I'd love to go! :wink:

There will be light from the hotel, but you should always have a light for night diving and a backup light. If you don't feel like investing in lights before the trip, Dive Paradise will have lights for rent. :D
I found it was better to rent things when I first started diving to see what I liked before I purchased gear.

I'm going to the Invasion. Are you?
Jump in with the rest of the crew while space is still available!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom