Shore entry without fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a good thing to not just wander up and try to dive Monastery. But, and this is just off the top of my head, it seems we have more people getting carried off from breakwater. The EMS guys dont hang out around Monastery waiting for someone to turtle in the surf zone...at least I haven't seen them when I've been there.

People get kind of sensitive with instructors, especially when they like them. So I'm not trying to slam your instructor. But I can't see how walking into breakwater, or any of the Lovers spots (1, 2, or 3) would be a good idea. I once tried that at North Monastery and it was more trouble than it was worth.

The easiest thing to do, I've found (like has been mentioned), is to install spring straps (they'll change your diving experience!), and don my fins in water waist to chest deep. but just my .02

Last edited:
Is there an economical way to install spring straps? Everything I've seen makes them look more expensive than the fins I'd attach them to.

I hold mine in my hands and am very careful about it.

I haven't seen any of my dive buddies or instructors use a clip for fins
Ditto.No problem whatsoever.I use spring straps.

It depends on what kind you have. If you have the Atomic splits, Atomic makes a set of springs specifically for them (cost about $60, but WELL worth it!). They just clip on! It's a beautiful thing. For other fins, not sure.

Is there an economical way to install spring straps? Everything I've seen makes them look more expensive than the fins I'd attach them to.

I bought a pair for less than 30eu. from a german on-line shop.Put them on my Mares Avanti Quattro,still working fine after 4 years.

There is a range of prices. I've been happy with the EZ spring straps on my Jet Fins

EZ Spring Grip-Tight Fin Strap, Black

You will need to measure with your foot in your fin to get the correct size (size XL spring strap may not be the correct length for a size XL fin, for example).

Best wishes.

I switched from spring straps to bungees a few years ago. They're easier to don/doff and cost less than a dollar. I usually replace them after about 150-200 dives.
Aloha Shore Divers
DSCF2972.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom