Short fins for Aquarium Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i love the renovations at that va beach aquarium ... and in that first main tank... MY GOD that sheepeshead is a monster...

i know how it is diving shows, cept the aquarium i dove is a private aquarium... (corporation) god the bs i had to put up with there ..

still had fun with the fish/public

Yup, I think boogie board is the way to go. US Divers makes a TREK which looks just about perfect and is only about 30 bucks. I just need to find a large enough size to fit over my booties.

Laguna, you are right...that sheepshead is a monster! When you get in the Chesapeake Bay Aquarium the fish are all over you as they get fed as part of the show. I am fine with it, but I can un-nerve people. The big Cobia is the most aggressive, like a puppy dog looking for a ball.

Churchill fins, which are popular with bodyboarders, are based on the original, tried-and-tested swim fin design developed by Owen Churchill many decades ago. They are available up to size 14.5:
183.jpg

Another option is a short-bladed full-foot fin, often used in swim training. Some models come in a huge range of sizes and can be worn over protective footwear, e.g.:
639.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i did shows in an indo pacific reef tank... (wear gloves!) its all cuadal barbs and surgeonfish/filefish biting!

but the fun tank i also did shows in was ray bay, i fed cownose,southern,atlantic, bullnose, and big old eagle rays... when you get in the tank you become their chew toy, they push you around... and sometimes drag you by your reg hoses it was fun. Some other divers were idiots and figured theyd get the rays to stop by feeding them so the behaviour just got worse haha

i also fed the leopard, bamboo,and bonnetheads (they would eat out of your hands, verrrry cool)
The only animal i hated or was eveer kinda fearful of were those bastard bowmouth guitarfish they will try to kill you haha

whatd you think of these? Aqua Sphere Zip Fin

I looked at them, but in the reviews it says they won't work with booties. We are required to use booties.

I ordered a pair of TREK fins from Bass Pro Shops. Should be here soon. If they don't work out, the Churchill's look pretty neat too.

Thanks all for the info.

Rob

Bobbyt22, I, checked out the Trek Fins on the Pro Bass site. What a great price, $29.95. That means they must cost less that $2.00 to make. Now, that is a deal for sure, hope they fit your needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom