Short hose routing options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Putting the hose around your neck reduces jaw fatigue when your using it and improves streamlining when you not using it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't go this route.

I've waisted a lot of time trying to engineer a better system just to land in doing it the way most of the world does it anyway.
I've been sitting in my basement trying to replicate as good as possible what a direct hose would feel like and noticed the same. The hose needs to be long enough to allow me to turn my head to the right but when then looking straight, or worse; turning to the left, that extra hose is really doing a number on my jaw. I have a 120 degree elbow only. So maybe with a swivel it would be less pronounced but I don't want a swivel.
I think I am going back to the loop around the neck... Ordered the 3 dollars piece to change my second stage from left to right.

Just an idea, I'm running a different sidemount setup.
- left - 7ft hose long hose, with clip - right inlet
- right - 26 inch hose short necklace - left inlet
Every hose route via the back of your neck, but nothing wrap you.

Benefit is nothing cross my chest - i found this is very helpful especially when using stage and keep my long hose deploy in any case i'm adding more stage.

Emergency skill for donate is also the same for long hose, just it's coming from the left tank. Looking for the reg using the necklace need a bit of adjustment.

Just an idea, I'm running a different sidemount setup.
- left - 7ft hose long hose, with clip - right inlet
- right - 26 inch hose short necklace - left inlet
Every hose route via the back of your neck, but nothing wrap you.

Benefit is nothing cross my chest - i found this is very helpful especially when using stage and keep my long hose deploy in any case i'm adding more stage.

Emergency skill for donate is also the same for long hose, just it's coming from the left tank. Looking for the reg using the necklace need a bit of adjustment.
I'm even simpler. Long hose on left tank as you do, so around neck but not across chest. Short hose with normal 2nd stage on right tank; route hose straight up the right side to a 90 deg swivel on second stage, not across chest.

I'm even simpler. Long hose on left tank as you do, so around neck but not across chest. Short hose with normal 2nd stage on right tank; route hose straight up the right side to a 90 deg swivel on second stage, not across chest.
Is this deviation from the current norm jsut to avoid hoses across the chest?

Is this deviation from the current norm jsut to avoid hoses across the chest?
Well, not JUST for that, but it is a great benefit, especially now that I've got a chest mounted rebreather. The other benefits are use same hose lengths as back mount doubles (except for SPGs of course), use same normal second stages as back mount (not special left feed), no other hoses behind my head to interfere with long hose donation, long hose will not get caught in any additional stage or deco bottles I may have, and I don't have much hose to stow if I remove the SM tank to which it is attached (on either L with long hose or R with short hose).

Well, not JUST for that, but it is a great benefit, especially now that I've got a chest mounted rebreather. The other benefits are use same hose lengths as back mount doubles (except for SPGs of course), use same normal second stages as back mount (not special left feed), no other hoses behind my head to interfere with long hose donation, long hose will not get caught in any additional stage or deco bottles I may have, and I don't have much hose to stow if I remove the SM tank to which it is attached (on either L with long hose or R with short hose).
With the CM rebreather thats a nice setup

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom