Short hose routing options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aren't both looped behind to prevent them from being pulled off in tighter restrictions?
Then again sump diving setups are usually two short hose.

If I was going away from a standard setup I'd go short hose right direct to mount and long on left around the head to make it so the hoses don't cross (which they would in your proposed setup).

Just to get an idea, what's the length of your left short hose going directly to necklace?
I believe it’s 10”.
I’m out of state and won’t be back until Jan 1. to verify the length.

A rough estimate would be to hold the first stage in place, route the hose how you would like and place the second stage in upside down with or without the hose attached.
Don’t forget to turn your head to the right for obvious reasons.

Hogarthian sidemount setup. Where are these standards written?
I’m gonna assume you have Not been diving prior to 2015? Or had no Tec experience before that?

Before widespread acceptance of tech diving- hogarthian methodology was the sole source of tech configurations. It was an effort to create baseline safety principles so that rigs would have the same patterns in Tec diving no matter who was using the rig.

The development of Sidemount is cave diving phenomenon, which using DIR/Hogartgian principles, set up the standards used to configure SM long before anyone else was using it.

so the PRINCIPLE I mentioned is expressly derivative of DIR/Hogarthian Tec standards…

but I’m sure an “exoert” like you knew that, right?

I’m gonna assume you have Not been diving prior to 2015? Or had no Tec experience before that?

Before widespread acceptance of tech diving- hogarthian methodology was the sole source of tech configurations. It was an effort to create baseline safety principles so that rigs would have the same patterns in Tec diving no matter who was using the rig.

The development of Sidemount is cave diving phenomenon, which using DIR/Hogartgian principles, set up the standards used to configure SM long before anyone else was using it.

so the PRINCIPLE I mentioned is expressly derivative of DIR/Hogarthian Tec standards…

Cool story. So again, where are these standards written?

You GUE cave side mount, or are you diving the UTD system?

I'd say no on the very short hose, it limits your ability to move the tank around, swing it forward or whatnot without torquing on your 2nd stage.

You GUE cave side mount, or are you diving the UTD system?
Please please please let him be in a Z system

Please please please let him be in a Z system
There is the new inline shutoff distribution block and qc6 thing that utd teaches now too because DIR standard

Putting the hose around your neck reduces jaw fatigue when your using it and improves streamlining when you not using it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't go this route.

I've waisted a lot of time trying to engineer a better system just to land in doing it the way most of the world does it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom