Short Open Water course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a dive store that does OW classes in two days. Yes, classroom, confined water, and open water in two days!!! It's a scary world we live in.

That was the format PADI promoted 3 years ago in their annual member forums.

Regarding the parent present thing im leaning towards the "better without them" in the majority of cases although SOME kids are better with them there.

With the parent there even if he's trying to remain out of the way the kid can get distracted or sometimes feel pressured.
Ive also had some parents who really interfered sometimes to the point of being dangerous and others who actually were worse in the water than the untrained kid so most of course time was taken effectively tutoring THEM.

As for charge generally if a parent came to dive open water we charged them the normal rate for an open water dive (didnt charge for classroom and cost of air fill if they got in pool).

My own view though is i dont think under 12s should really be diving. Ideally 14.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom