Should divers dissatisfied with particular shop in Pattaya 7-10 yrs ago try it again

Should a diver retry a Pattaya shop 7-10yrs later if dissatisfied in the past?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, if a comparison of now and then is posted

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How can you say that Aquanauts went out of there way to please me. Read the copy of my dive log point 18.
I am afraid they did anything but try, that is exactly my point.

Sorry you have my comment confused. I mean on this thread they have offerred to give you a free day of diving to make up for the past problems and allow you to give them another chance. You have declined their offer which is your option.

It seem like on the day of the issue many years back they did nothing to please you.

John

Sorry you have my comment confused. I mean on this thread they have offerred to give you a free day of diving to make up for the past problems and allow you to give them another chance. You have declined their offer which is your option.

It seem like on the day of the issue many years back they did nothing to please you.

John

This is exactly my point, but all the Pattaya shops I have dived with seem to think they can treat customers as they please and they all operate this strict no refunds policy even when they get it wrong.
For example as I have gone over numerous times in the past, shops taking me to locations other than the ones promissed when I booked and paid for the dives, places I had no wish to dive at, purely for their own commercial reasons. Without even discussing it with me first or offering an alternative day.

This has to be very frustrating for the dive shop who made a screw up in 2002 on one day trip... it seems they now have a new manager who was not there at the time and is offering a free day trip to the customer by way of apology for the past error and has explained clearly how much has changed at the dive center since 2002... Hell, for sure if I was in LK's shoes I would take the free trip and then might realise that a helluva lot can change in 6 1/2 years. Come on LK, your endless rant is getting very boring, we get the point... I think you should give Aquanauts a chance.. maybe if you take the trip and enjoy it, you can finally bury the hatchet and realise that a bad experience many years ago is now water under the bridge.

This has to be very frustrating for the dive shop who made a screw up in 2002 on one day trip... it seems they now have a new manager who was not there at the time and is offering a free day trip to the customer by way of apology for the past error and has explained clearly how much has changed at the dive center since 2002... Hell, for sure if I was in LK's shoes I would take the free trip and then might realise that a helluva lot can change in 6 1/2 years. Come on LK, your endless rant is getting very boring, we get the point... I think you should give Aquanauts a chance.. maybe if you take the trip and enjoy it, you can finally bury the hatchet and realise that a bad experience many years ago is now water under the bridge.

To a point I agree with what you are saying. But my opinion is that whilst mistakes can be forgotten if dealt with correctly. Some of the very serious safety issues that I encountered, and their level of arrogance, I am unable to consider as water under the bridge.
You may think that they have a new manager, but at least two of the owners/managers are the same. Indeed after I complained back then, about the poor day, the man who said to me with a smile 'you had the oportunity to go diving, what are you complaining about', unless it is his twin brother or a cardboard cut out, is still involved with the business.
Another one, having been in his company several times over the last 6 1/2 years is still as arrogant and rude to other people as he was then.
I am certain that no shop will ever provide me with a day as bad as that again, and no doubt some things must have changed there for them to stay in business. But I have no desire to waste a day of my life on some futile experiment, for which I personally stand to gain nothing.

I am certain that no shop will ever provide me with a day as bad as that again...

Well, that's something you will never know now is it?
Maybe you will end up doing a day trip where all the same things happen to you as that one bad day many years ago and on top of it you will be diving on fields of chicken bones! Now, that would be a very-very-very bad day wouldn't it???
:chicken:

Well, that's something you will never know now is it?
Maybe you will end up doing a day trip where all the same things happen to you as that one bad day many years ago and on top of it you will be diving on fields of chicken bones! Now, that would be a very-very-very bad day wouldn't it???
:chicken:

And yes, maybe you are right, unfortunately I may have been a little hasty making that statement.
The way some of the shops perform around here it realy is highly likely to happen.

As an addendum to the original question on this thread.

What are your opinions of a shop owner in Pattaya that tells lies to potential customers (states vizibility of 30 metres plus) when the reality is probably about 5 metres, etc etc.
And uses 'illegal' instructors. ie ones without the correct visas and work permits to dive in Thailand.
Would you recommend diving with such a shop, or should we start a name and shame thread to inform others about irresponsible dive shop owners?

Back
Top Bottom