Should divers dissatisfied with particular shop in Pattaya 7-10 yrs ago try it again

Should a diver retry a Pattaya shop 7-10yrs later if dissatisfied in the past?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, if a comparison of now and then is posted

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

November 2002. 'Nuff said.

That's the same as judging your entire personality and life based on one of your posts here. I'm sure you can't be as unpersonable in real life without the safe little cloak of anonymity.

You dislike diving with all the shops in Pattaya but notice we were the only ones willing to give you a chance, at no cost to yourself, to see that things change over time.

Again, eight hours 6 1/2 years ago means nothing.

I'm done feeding this particular troll.

I am not sure if you are one of the owners at Aquanauts but if you are you should view this thread as a positive tool. If seem you will not be able to convince this customer to try again despite a good effort. However, you can show this thread to every DM and Instructor Intern that comes thru your doors. This is one of the best examples of the teachings and studies that one dissatified customer tells at least 13 other people (I suspect LK bad message has reached more the 13 others by this point) about the bad experience they had and that a satisfied customer tell almost no one. If your DM's, employees and Interns do not see that their efforts need to be on ensuring current customer satisfaction then they are putting their efforts in the wrong areas from a business growth perspective. Additionally, this lesson will serve them as well when working for any other employer in any occupation.

John

Well it looks like you had (7 years ago) a pretty bad day indeed.
I have worked for many years both as "Instructor" and "Day-trip DM" on day trip boats in Phuket and Krabi and recognize and remember most of your problems vividly. Some of them happened when I was "in charge" and others happened when I joined other day-trip boats.

As I have said on numerous occasions I accept things go wrong. But as I have also said on numerous occasions. It is the way things are dealt with at the time that is important.
My point number 18 is the most important one to me and this policy of no refunds under any circumstances is inherant in the pattaya dive industry, not only at Aquanauts but all the shops I have dived with around here. And it still goes on in the same manner today.
As one post suggests this could be used as a training aid for dm's and instructors, I think it would be more apropriate to the shop owners to learn from. Had at the time of complaining, or indeed before I complained, been told 'yes we are sorry about today we had some problems on board, we realise we have not given you a good day, would you like to come another day or have your money back.'
Had that have happened, most of the other 17 points would have quickly been forgotten.
But here we are 7 years on and Pattaya shops are still treating their customers in this same poor manner.

My point number 18 is the most important one to me and this policy of no refunds under any circumstances is inherent in the Pattaya dive industry, not only at Aquanauts but all the shops I have dived with around here. And it still goes on in the same manner today.

But here we are 7 years on and Pattaya shops are still treating their customers in this same poor manner.

Are you sure? Any examples??

Bow -- The 3 partners had a good laugh about LK's "log" and one did, in fact, recall that particular day. Not all of what he wrote is the god's truth, but the compressor did break down that day, he said, there wasn't enough weight and the food was short because about 7 divers showed up from another shop in the morning without prebooking. So, yeah, it was a pretty awful -- and unusual day.

Show how things change? Aquanauts stopped taking other shops on our boat several years ago, we have 3 compressors now. 55% more tanks, and boxes full of weights.

Everyone has bad days. It's unforunate LK got a really bad one, but only a monkey would think that things operate that day every day. As you said, no one could stay in business 13 years if that were the case.

JKAT (and LK) -- In fact, the printout of LK's post is on the bulletin board for our studnets to read. Anytime we get a complaint it's given to all our DM and Instructor interns (not just those who may be in the complaint). It shows how the smallest things can set customers off and how the bigger screwups can lead to maniacs going on endless rants for 7 years on the Internet.

We have plenty of happy customers paying regular rates with a smile and a promise to return. And good customers get cheaper rates than LK says he's paying Samae San boats to go out on. If he'd rather hide behind his Keyboard Warrior mask and throw stones, let him. I think most reading his threads -- interlaced with irrational invective and offensive smileys about people dying -- realize he's a troll and a joke.

Bow -- The 3 partners had a good laugh about LK's "log" and one did, in fact, recall that particular day. Not all of what he wrote is the god's truth, but the compressor did break down that day, he said, there wasn't enough weight and the food was short because about 7 divers showed up from another shop in the morning without prebooking. So, yeah, it was a pretty awful -- and unusual day.

By your own admission 'a pretty awfull day'.
Exactly my point, why did you not do something at the time to pacify your unhappy customers.
I have been in business myself for over 20 years (not in the diving industry) and over this time have made mistakes, but the difference is my customers always went away happy because not even waiting for them to complain I admitted 'sorry i got it wrong this time', and went out of my way to rectify the situation.

LK, I wasn't here 6.5 years ago and aside from what I've mentioned, no one recalls much about that one day more than half a decade ago.

Let it go. Time moves on.

JKAT (and LK) -- In fact, the printout of LK's post is on the bulletin board for our studnets to read. Anytime we get a complaint it's given to all our DM and Instructor interns (not just those who may be in the complaint). .

Great....glad to hear it.

I suggest it's best for you to now take the high road with LK. Any additional mud slinging will only cause others reading this thread to change their opinion that you tried your best to please a unhappy customer and ultimately will not reflect well upon you.

Just my suggestion as someone thats not involved in the Thailand dive scene day to day.

John

Great....glad to hear it.

I suggest it's best for you to now take the high road with LK. Any additional mud slinging will only cause others reading this thread to change their opinion that you tried your best to please a unhappy customer and ultimately will not reflect well upon you.

Just my suggestion as someone thats not involved in the Thailand dive scene day to day.

John

How can you say that Aquanauts went out of there way to please me. Read the copy of my dive log point 18.
I am afraid they did anything but try, that is exactly my point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom