Should divers dissatisfied with particular shop in Pattaya 7-10 yrs ago try it again

Should a diver retry a Pattaya shop 7-10yrs later if dissatisfied in the past?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, if a comparison of now and then is posted

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like to think more streamlined for diving. Sure makes mask removal/replacement a breeze.

I like to think more streamlined for diving. Sure makes mask removal/replacement a breeze.

Oh, sorry I thought you were wearing a strobe on your neck. Easy to see you thru the poor viz on Sat. :D

John

Nowadays I spend way too much time either on Nai Harn beach (no speedo though!!) boogie-boarding

Kickin at Nai Harn with the Rasta Bar and surfin a sponge sounds pretty chill to me.
Good barrels off the rocks at the North end. "Good on ya Bro" :cool2:

Oh, sorry I thought you were wearing a strobe on your neck. Easy to see you thru the poor viz on Sat. :D

John

Ouch...:rofl3:

A poor experience many years ago does seem invalid today...

...as is a retrial of the same dive centre (even a free one). Because, as long as the dive centre knows that the dissatisfied customer in question is coming back (which they are certainly bound to if it is a free day's diving) AND that this particular customer tends to slag them off all over the place then the dive centre would probably make sure the customer was well looked after this time around thus making the whole experiment, ie a general test of the quality of the dive centre, rather ineffective.

From the customers point of view...sounds like a winner though. Free day's diving being treated like a king. Excellent!!

Should we all chip in lets say 10bath each and have the would be investigative scuba diver do the review unbeknown to the shop in question? NOT!!!!

Surin you make several valid points.

If I come to the conclusion that the owner is a douche bag then I will usually go out of my way to avoid anything under his domain unless he's the only game in town. But if a shop was was staffed by morons or simply incompetent, then I'd come back a few years later to see if they've improved.

surin -- good point. I think if that certain someone were to go to a certain shop without disclosing who he was (paying) and then said afterward and could prove he was indeed that certain someone, a refund would be forthcoming to provide the free day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom