Should divers dissatisfied with particular shop in Pattaya 7-10 yrs ago try it again

Should a diver retry a Pattaya shop 7-10yrs later if dissatisfied in the past?

• Yes

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, if a comparison of now and then is posted

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soon, hopefully I will have time the day after tomorrow. Its quite a story.

Just scan it as an image file. Cool to see your reactions at the time they were written.

Bowmouth, Go Arizona Sun Devils! This is the mascot. I know a really cool girl who has this as tattoo. Maybe we can put some scuba gear on it. Now that would be a cool tattoo.

Bowmouth, Go Arizona Sun Devils! This is the mascot. I know a really cool girl who has this as tattoo. Maybe we can put some scuba gear on it. Now that would be a cool tattoo.

Where on her body does she have the tattoo? Or is that too much information??

Do you want to put scuba gear on the girl, the tattoo or on the mascot? :confused:

Soon, hopefully I will have time the day after tomorrow. Its quite a story.

I can't wait to read it.
And I think there are more out there who can't wait to read it too!
Please make some time and do it soon. We've been waiting for it.

Scuba gear on all of the above. Tattoo specific locations should be kept secretive if normally kept out of plain viewing.

I dont particularly slag off Aquanauts, if you study the history of my posts on here I have mentioned a number of shops and in my opinion the Pattaya way is grossly overpriced and the service to customers leaves a lot to be desired at all the shops I have dived with, and there are many.

dude! not once did I mention you or aquanauts. I do not know you and I do not know them. My comment was a general response to what I believed to be a general topic.

maybe you should read my single post properly before suggesting i consider wasting my time studying the history of your posts.

:demented:

Just scan it as an image file. Cool to see your reactions at the time they were written.

I can do that with pleasure, if someone can tell me how to post the image file on here.

dude! not once did I mention you or aquanauts. I do not know you and I do not know them. My comment was a general response to what I believed to be a general topic.

maybe you should read my single post properly before suggesting i consider wasting my time studying the history of your posts.

:demented:

If you read this thread fully, it relates to a complaint I made against Aquanauts a number of years ago and an offer they recently made to me so it is not just a general topic as you maybe first thought.
To get the full story as I suggested you need to look back at some other threads from around Jan/Feb this year.
And your the lucky one that has'nt had the misfortune of meeting Aquanauts in Pattaya.

At last Here is a recital of my dive log from an ill fated days diving with Aquanauts in Pattaya. I have a scanned image also as suggested previously if someone can tell me how to post the image on here, I will do so with pleasure.
Should anyone wish me to enlarge on any of the following points feel free to ask.

Aquanauts Pattaya - Ko Rin - November 2002

1. No hotel pick up as promissed.
2. Inept staff.
3. Taken on a tour of the city to borrow kit from other shops, boat left much later than promissed.
4. No boat briefing - no safety briefing.
5. No lifejackets visible on board.
6. Very overcrowded boat - appeared to be numerous shops operating on the same boat.
7. Not made aware of who was responsible for us.
8. No dive guide as promissed.
9. No dive site briefing despite very strong current.
10. 15 Minutes seen only sand so returned to boat.
11. Food already finished.
12. Boat preparing to leave despite 2 divers still in the water. We told them to wait.
13. Compressor not working - at second dive site given cylinder containing 80 bar (70 bar less than I finished the first dive with)
14. Declined the second dive.
15. Aquanauts transport had departed prior to us getting off the pier.
16. Left in beach road despite being promissed a hotel drop off.
17. Insuficcient lead on board.
18. next day visited the shop to complain and was told 'you had the oportunity to dive, what you complaining about'?

Aquanauts Pattaya avoid at all costs.

The end!

And they seriously expect me to go back, half price day or even free.

Experience hopefully never to be repeated.

November 2002. 'Nuff said.

That's the same as judging your entire personality and life based on one of your posts here. I'm sure you can't be as unpersonable in real life without the safe little cloak of anonymity.

You dislike diving with all the shops in Pattaya but notice we were the only ones willing to give you a chance, at no cost to yourself, to see that things change over time.

Again, eight hours 6 1/2 years ago means nothing.

I'm done feeding this particular troll.

1. No hotel pick up as promised.
2. Inept staff.
3. Taken on a tour of the city to borrow kit from other shops, boat left much later than promised.
4. No boat briefing - no safety briefing.
5. No life jackets visible on board.
6. Very overcrowded boat - appeared to be numerous shops operating on the same boat.
7. Not made aware of who was responsible for us.
8. No dive guide as promised.
9. No dive site briefing despite very strong current.
10. 15 Minutes seen only sand so returned to boat.
11. Food already finished.
12. Boat preparing to leave despite 2 divers still in the water. We told them to wait.
13. Compressor not working - at second dive site given cylinder containing 80 bar (70 bar less than I finished the first dive with)
14. Declined the second dive.
15. Aquanauts transport had departed prior to us getting off the pier.
16. Left in beach road despite being promised a hotel drop off.
17. Insufficient lead on board.
18. next day visited the shop to complain and was told 'you had the opportunity to dive, what you complaining about'?

Well it looks like you had (7 years ago) a pretty bad day indeed.
I have worked for many years both as "Instructor" and "Day-trip DM" on day trip boats in Phuket and Krabi and recognize and remember most of your problems vividly. Some of them happened when I was "in charge" and others happened when I joined other day-trip boats.

But... I never had them all happen on the same day!!!

Thing is of-course that after mishaps, mistakes or outright stupidity people learn from it and better themselves to avoid them from happening again.
I cannot imagine that any dive operator anywhere would be able to stay in business if the problems that you had on your "bad hair day" would occur on a daily routine.
It is (maybe) time to do bury the war-axe and to smoke a peace-pipe instead.
After all, if you try another trip with the shop you had such a bad experience with in the past and after wards you still don't like it, you could always dig the axe up again and go back to war.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom