Should I upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, I wonder if this is new, when I emailed them last year they wouldn't ship to me.

Maybe be you are correct, I live in Japan and had no issue ordering off them direct. Strange, I wonder why Japan is ok and not the US.

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2015 at 10:00 AM ----------

Maybe for legal reasons, liability? It seems Japan is a little easier in that area.

Plus taxes and duty. A petrel costs 720 US. If he wanted to turn his BT into a computer it will cost more for a lesser computer that isn't good advice

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Plus taxes and duty. A petrel costs 720 US. If he wanted to turn his BT into a computer it will cost more for a lesser computer that isn't good advice

I never suggested he do so. I wouldn't touch an X-Deep.

ah yes, I forgot about taxs and duty, over here often things slip through and even if they don't tax is only 8%.

I never said you did. But people are pushing a very expensive timer that will be almost the same price as the petrel.

I never said you did. But people are pushing a very expensive timer that will be almost the same price as the petrel.

On that I wholeheartedly agree.

There seem to be a lot of second hand Petrels on the market op should look into that.

Or a used predator even cheaper

Save your money and get a petrel getting anything from Europe is a waste since you don't have the support. Theses people trying to make you pay an insane amount for shipping aren't doing you a favor it will and up costing the same as a petrel. You can get a petrel very cheap now since the Canadian dollar is low. Do not waste you money on a computer your going to hate or from Europe

Where do you recommend from? What is cheap... price wise?

Diveseekers.com has them for 749 right now or you can order them direct from shearwater also. If your using American dollars now is a great time to get them before the Canadian dollars comes back up because then you'll be paying 950

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom