Should I upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided just to hold out and buy a new Petrel 2, I'm weird about used computers.

You won't regret it. Congrats in making a decision, it's not always easy.

It's even harder to make the decision to "just wait." I understand how hard it is to get all excited and motivated about making a big purchase just to have to wait. I decided to buy a scooter.....6 months ago. Still saving. I decided to start a Home Automation project and a big 3D Printer. Still waiting. Heck, I'll be waiting a while....they have to come AFTER the scooter.

My point? You're making the right decision, even if it's not the easy one or the pleasant one.

Thanks for the input guys. I've decided just to hold out and buy a new Petrel 2, I'm weird about used computers.

Smart decision. You will be very happy you did since you will be using it for many many years with the great firmware support from Shearwater.

Shearwater is the only computer I would not hesitate to buy in the secondary market that's looks like new. Shearwater has great support. I think they could care less where you bought it from and whether your the original owner.

All they care about is that there computers work as intended and the current user is satisfied.

But that's my take on Shearwater.

Back
Top Bottom