Suggestion Should we have a forum for religious discussions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supernal:
Well, having a forum would keep them in one spot, I would hope.

Rachel,

I am a religious person, that is if you consider Methodists such. Religion is the bedrock of morals, and is needed in any society, in my view.

As they say, HOWEVER, this Board, while owned by, and staffed by religious people, operates on the collective assumption that some subjects just become contentious too often, and thus interfere with the main subject of this Board. Thus it is that we do not allow discussions about race, politics, religion, and sex, and we will strive to keep it so.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness, Rachel. It is just that the subject does not fit within our self-imposed guidelines.

R. Davie
SB Staff

No!!!!!!!!!!!
When I want to discuss politics, I go to a forum for it. Same goes for religion.
This is SCUBABOARD, let's just talk scuba.
OTOH, if you feel your last dive was like a religious experience, feel free to express it that way.
C-Dawg

No. I see no reason to have a forum on religion on a SCUBA board. There are too many non-SCUBA related forums already IMHO. The best place for such discussion is a board dedicated to that subject or among friends... IF they remain friends afterwards.

yes. I'll start...which is best? Islam or Christianity?

As a Reformed Pizzatarian, I would insist that any such forum include such topics as "What pizza do you consider Most Divine?" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Let's just keep those discussions in the DIR forums.

Seriously, NO. I tend to get sucked into some of these threads and my focus in coming here is diving.

There are countless religious forums already out there, with myriads of true believers arguing over how many angels are dancing on the head of a certain pin, and other timeless dogma.

Let's keep diving pure.

I vote No.

Cheers,

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom