Show me your packed truck/car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For years I have struggled with packing my truck for weekend dives. It seems that I'm never quite happy with the space I have. So I bought the very large truck and still am not quite there yet. Please show me what you have done to make your truck/car packing easier and less time consuming. Thanks

From a thread I made on Sunday:

Gear_Enough_for_Two.jpg

Nice, Blackwood! Tacoma? I've got an '07 and love it... will have to dig up a photo tonight. =)

Yup! Mine is an '07 as well.

I got tired of stuffing wet dive gear in the back of my Audi, so I bought me a dive truck. Then I sold the Audi, so it's now my full-time vehicle. :D

I couldn't deal with the small size of the Tacoma, I run a 99 Ram as my dive vehicle with a long bed. It costs a little more in gas, but I can pack 3 others and thier gear...so in the long run its cheaper.

Not to mention my Wrangler dosen't smell like that noxious mix of neoprene and sea water! Any brand you get, the truck is the way to go!

I couldn't deal with the small size of the Tacoma, I run a 99 Ram as my dive vehicle with a long bed.

Yah, had I known I'd decide to sell my other car, I'd probably have gone for the Tundra.

Since it was supposed to be a dive vehicle, I got it pretty stripped down... standard cab, 5-speed, 4-banger. AC and CD player, but nothing else.

Since it was supposed to be a dive vehicle, I got it pretty stripped down... standard cab, 5-speed, 4-banger. AC and CD player, but nothing else.

Sounds exactly like mine, manual windows & locks for the win! Mine's "Indigo Ink Pearl," though.. apparently a fancy name for "Blue." I traded my '01 VW Beetle Turbo in and replaced it with the truck. The little Turbo was faster and more maneuverable than the truck, but try fitting a couple tanks in it! :11:

Forget diamonds, this girl's best friend is her truck!

My truck.

With two Stanley boxes for gear and a rack I made to secure the tanks, everything fits with room to spare.
Now, If my buddy and I were diving doubles, I’d have to build a different tank rack!:wink:

See only the Red X? Right click and select show picture.
sticker_dave.jpg

DSC04321%20(Small).JPG

DSC00003%20(Small).JPG

Does anyone really want to see a Miata stuffed to the gills with dive gear? :D Trust me, it's not pretty....

Does anyone really want to see a Miata stuffed to the gills with dive gear? :D Trust me, it's not pretty....

I know the feeling...stuffing it in the Vette just doesn't work out quite right either, and when I pull up to the dive shop I get some squirrelly looks. Fortunately, there's usually someone with a truck willing to put my gear up...I usually pay for dinner or lunch, and that gets me by! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom