Show us your favorite shots!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

incredible shots christian.

Awesome photos Christian!!! Where were these pictures taken?

Thank's guys. Yes, I shoot a Nikon D200 with different WA-lenses, the 10.5/2.8 fisheye being my favourite, but I also use a rectilinear Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 zoom, which I like a lot.
The images were captured in Mozambique (whaleshark), Egyptian Red Sea (scalloped hammerhead) and in the Andaman Sea/Thailand (Manta Ray & Cobia).

cheers

Last edited:
Awsome shots everyone. I'm really inspired. I'm off to the BVI's/USVI's tomorrow for 2 weeks. I'll be sure to post all my new shots when I get back home. I'm so stoked to go play with my new u/w system. Rock!

The whaleshark is in such clear water. Usually there is so much plankton in the water that the water never looks so clear. Was the water really that clear or did you spend a lot of time in photoshop getting the junk out? In any case, I just love that shot.

It's not unusual to get whalesharks in clean water in Moz, having a WA lens gives the perception that the water is cleaner than it really is. Shooting without a strobe also helps.This pic is the reason I bought a DSLR - the whaleshark was a few feet from the lens, in the time it took the 7070 to write the RAW file to the card it had just about swum past me. As I pressed the shutter I realised that I had clipped off the pectoral fin. No chance for a second shot.

953938125_799df8267d.jpg

Still, it is a superb shot Andy. I guess I have to add Moz to my bucket list. LOL

It's not unusual to get whalesharks in clean water in Moz, having a WA lens gives the perception that the water is cleaner than it really is. Shooting without a strobe also helps.This pic is the reason I bought a DSLR - the whaleshark was a few feet from the lens, in the time it took the 7070 to write the RAW file to the card it had just about swum past me. As I pressed the shutter I realised that I had clipped off the pectoral fin. No chance for a second shot.

953938125_799df8267d.jpg
Yes, still a very nice shot. I guess its all relative... we were out diving back in 1989 and unexpectedly stumbled across one. Over here you have to be somewhat lucky to see even one in your lifetime. I used to carry a Nikonos camera pretty often but did not have it on the boat that day :D

I thought I would contribute some of my favorites :) These were all taken with my Canon A630 in an Ikelite housing with a DS125 substrobe. These photos were taken on dives in the Philippines, Guam, and here in Japan where I live.

I just bought a Nikon D300 a couple of days ago and I'm waiting for my housing now. I went with Ikelite for the housing, since I've already invested in the strobe :) Hopefully it will be here in time for me to get a couple of dives with it before I go on my next dive trip to the Philippines next month :)

Attachments

• Hayama Kelp.jpg
    Hayama Kelp.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Hayama Corals.jpg
    Hayama Corals.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Moalboal Crab Medium Web view.jpg
    Moalboal Crab Medium Web view.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Moalboal Cuttlefish Medium Web view.jpg
    Moalboal Cuttlefish Medium Web view.jpg