Showa 710 gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisMBC

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm a long-time user and lover of the Showa 720 gloves. When I was picking up some new pairs at the marine store, I noticed they now have a Showa 710, which looks to be the same as the 720, but with an additional black foam nitrile grip layer. Has anyone tried them out? Could be nice to have a slightly better grip than the 720, and less smurf-blue...

They are $16.64 for a dozen pair on Amazon. I might have to try them.
That's quite the price! Even if they're very similar to the 720s, that's a steal.

Take a look at the ATG Maxichem gloves too - they seem to us to fit better than the Showa's - especially around the fingers.

Take a look at the ATG Maxichem gloves too - they seem to us to fit better than the Showa's - especially around the fingers.
How does the fit around the fingers differ? The Showa 720 are almost perfect for me in size 9, using a thin liner. With the santi heated gloves that I do use size 10 is a bit tight around the fingers, but workable. Size 11 is better around the fingers, but too much space left at the tips, so not worth it.

How does the fit around the fingers differ? The Showa 720 are almost perfect for me in size 9, using a thin liner. With the santi heated gloves that I do use size 10 is a bit tight around the fingers, but workable. Size 11 is better around the fingers, but too much space left at the tips, so not worth it.
Sorry I should have said that the fingers fit way better than the "Blue Smurf" Showas.

The 720s/710s are made for bare hands and fit pretty well with thin/single layer liners.

If you need something warmer, get the 495s for useing 2 glove liners/etc. They're made to wear gloves under and are sized appropriately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom