Side trip to Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm doing an underwater photo workshop in Lembeh the end of October. I was wondering if it would be feasible to follow it up with a few days in Bali? I would appreciate any advice about this. My husband may be going with me, but it is more likely that I'll be traveling alone.

Better be the other way around, go to Bali first & end with Lembeh. You may still have a better chance to see mola-mola in early October than in early November. You can also see manta there. You can always see the little fish & critters at anytime in Lembeh, not mola-mola in Bali.

Also if you go to Bali first you could get relaxed from your long journey and get in the water before going to Lembeh.

Another thing to consider is the volcano. It is still active. Currently the winds are blowing in a such a way that the bali airport is not closing, but that could change. It would be wise to build in a few days flexibility if you come to Bali.

Bali is a nice place to relax after a hard week or 10 days of diving :) The diving is surprisingly good here, but if you don't want to dive there is land-based enjoyment to be had.

I think most people recommend to use a full-service carrier when you are within Indo, such as Garuda, Silk, etc. Not NAM Air!

- Bill

If the volcano is of worry to you, I would fly into Jakarta then to Manado to get to Lembeh. Follow up with Bali at the end of your trip, that way, if things go south with the volcano (figuratively and literally), you can choose to not fly to Bali and just fly home through Jakarta or from Manado. It will minimize the chance of your plans getting interrupted or cancelled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom