Siesta Key has the fecal ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Precautionary signs advising people not to swim or engage in water sports were being posted." That doesn't read like "SWAT Teams are stationed at water-entry points to close the ocean off."

We had this happen just north of Ft. Lauderdale last year. We went out anyway. Some form of water police did pull up next to us to strongly suggest we stop diving or freediving (can't remember which), but by that point we were heading back in.

I'm sure the swimming beaches - the ones with lifeguards - are closed, but still...

Ever dive under the sewage output pipes? The current and my hunt for lobster put me under one off of Boca Raton once. My god, what a ... breathtaking, albeit massively uncomforting, sight when you're not expecting it. Yeah, it's treated - sorta - hopefully. But that's a lot of stuff that comes out of those huge pipes.

Our beaches here on Avalon Bay have been posted with advisory signs frequently. We have a semi-enclosed bay here without a lot of flushing. I'm surprised Siesta Key has this problem too given the water flow (I vacationed there beginning in the 1950's and Mom lives in Sarasota).

Ever dive under the sewage output pipes? The current and my hunt for lobster put me under one off of Boca Raton once. My god, what a ... breathtaking, albeit massively uncomforting, sight when you're not expecting it. Yeah, it's treated - sorta - hopefully. But that's a lot of stuff that comes out of those huge pipes.

Yeah, it is a great dive. Maybe not destined for the brochure, but interesting. I've dived the Delray Outfall, lots of fish, but boy was I pooped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom