signed up for OW-questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded:
doing 12 laps before needing a breather now :)
I think my arm muscles just needed to get used to being used for a change.
of course it's harder to swim laps on the weekends when the pool is filled with all the neighborhood kids

Congrats on the improvement! Keep it up and you'll enjoy life and diving alot better.

One other note, don't push off the wall each time because most places don't allow it when you're doing the swim test.

I try and just turn around and start swimming the other way without kicking off
though i have been kicking off on the first lap

Can the 10 minute float be done face down with a snorkel or is it strictly without equipment? I'm not to worried about the swin but for some reason even with a full breath of air I sink like a rock.

No equipment. You can float on your back. Or tread water.

hmm. I had to tread water with just my head (or face) out of water, then again with my face and hands out of water. A struggle for a few seconds then you learn to control your breathing...

I was allowed to float on my back -- In the pool, I just stretch out and can stay that way no problem, zero energy.

we were allowed to float as well, although the instructor was telling us that not everyone can float. funny stuff when the dive instructor gets in with us and proved it. i was way to tense during the swim tests and didnt enjoy them becuase of it. like all have said rellax and enjoy it it will make the most dif. have fun

Floating...ahh...used to be good at that -- then lost 36kg of body-mass. I can now skin-dive in a neoprene drysuit without any problems getting down (!)

Some of us are just too dense for our own good :wink:

Back
Top Bottom