silicon seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Will the new silicon seals work with all of the older suits with zip seals? Also how about the Si-Tech glove system?

I was at DUI two weeks ago and told the same thing. The neck seal will require a new zip seal ring system to be installed. The wrist seals will not need any modification. The seals are supposed to go on sale beginning in June.

I've been told that the wrist seals will fit, but the neck seal will not.

Henrik

Kathy (from DUI) has provided me the same information. Wrist - yes, neck - nope.

I ordered one with zipwrist and a standard neck seal and will have the silicone neck ring added after the first season of use.

Hello!
That is correct. The zip wrist rings will be compatible, but the neck will require a different zip ring.
Jessica
DUI

Will the new neck zip ring accomodate both latex and silicone neck seals, or just silicone neck seals?

How about a dry hood with the silicon neck seal or will you need to stay with latex for the dry hood?

Ah, that is a great question. At this time, we do not have a way of molding a silicone dry hood onto the silicone neck ring. We will work on it though it is not the highest priority as most of our customers who use attached latex hoods are public safety divers. And silicone seals will probably not be the first choice for public safety divers due to their tendency to absorb contaminants. Thanks for the interest though as it lets us know others are looking for it.

Faith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom