silly question about swimming shorts/trunks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In this old adv you can see that the lady has on a swimsuit and that the guy has on a SWIMSUIT. If this picture were taken today the lady would have on a thong with a tatoo on her rear and the guy would have on the 1800's style bloomers that some call board shorts. Board shorts are amphibious but they are NOT a swimsuit. I think it is the general bulking of the population and repressed homophobia that has resulted in men who are afaird to wear a "Speedo" UNDER their wet suit.

voitadv.jpg

It is really simple, you can either:
1) continue to wear the 1800s style bloomers under your wet suit with them bunched and soaking wet
2) get a swimsuit, be it "Speedo" or similar (bike short, jammer etc) and wear it UNDER your wet suit, UNDER your "boardies" and act like a normal person with no deep seated repressions.

No one will look at you and if they do then they need to mind to their buisness, your not wearing a thong like Borvac. Give it a break.

N

I definitely belong in the Speedo crowd as well. I will either wear my square cut pair or the longer bike short pair on a dive. It just seems like common sense to me to wear something that doesn't bunch up under the wet suit.

I'm totally with Nemrod on the board shorts. I can't stand wearing board shorts in the water for any reason. They just drive me batty. I might as well go swimming with slacks on.

On the plus side, the fact that I wear the Speedos has provided significant motivation for my workout routine! I don't want to frighten anyone!:D

Those of you who wear the square cut Speedo's, do they tend to ride up?
-Bryan

ams511:
...BTW, Speedos are best worn once you develop a big beer gut and lots of back hair. Women love it. :rofl3:

where did you say I could find these??? :rofl3: :rofl3:

Lycra running shorts - they dry out pretty quick on the boat. anything else and I end up with nappy rash !!!!!! I always try to change out of my swim shorts in to boardies after the dive. nomatter how short the SInt is. Just feels more comfortable.

alternatively dive commando !! :) - but don't forget you've nothing on under the wetsuit !!!

I seem to be in the minority here. I always wear plain old swim trunks or boardshorts under a full wetsuit and I have never felt like they are riding up or bunching up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom