Simple question about removing backup regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, I have been walking around my living room with my BC and both tanks on all afternoon!

I think I am going to mount it valve up. Honestly not sure If I can reach the valve, will have to check that out. However, I plan to keep it turned on the entire dive with its regulator clipped to my chest like my old backup secondary was. if it is leaking, I will know it.

Valve up means (usually) you will not be able to reach the valve unless you have exceptional shoulder and elbow mobility :wink:

Valve down you "should" be able to easily reach the valve.

Should not be an issue like you say, as long as you verify that the air is on during your pre-dive check and make sure the backup 2nd is not leaking during the dive.

Have fun!

PS: I thought I was the only one geeky enough to walk around with my gear on in the house to test stuff out and adjust things. My kids & wife get a lot of amusement out of it :rofl3:

I don't think diving solo with just a small spare air is such a good idea, spend a few bucks and buy a pony and a extra first and use you alternate on that one.

Back
Top Bottom