Since the Seeker has been a recent topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't mentioned. I assumed it. If you talk traveling to do deep wrecks up there you're talking Doria. That's what he meant I'm sure.

That's a pretty big assumption. There is a lot of diving up here besides the Doria. In fact if you take a look at the Seeker's schedule they have a number of trips for which normoxic trimix would be the thing to use.

Does anyone know who insures GUE instructors?

According to recent discussions elsewhere:

"Any questions respecting insurance can be easily answered by going to www.gs1868.com or by calling John Witherspoon at the Gale Smith Insurance company 1-888-661-7501. BTW, our policy number is YF020424IDIG"

"The actual underwriter is Lloyd's of London"

I don't know if the insurance for GUE is the same as the insurance for its instructors.

Originally posted by SeaGypsy
That's a pretty big assumption. There is a lot of diving up here besides the Doria. In fact if you take a look at the Seeker's schedule they have a number of trips for which normoxic trimix would be the thing to use.

Perhaps so. He did say "dives requiring Trimix for deep wrecks" so that's the assumption I made. Shoot me :)

Tom

Deep is a relative term. Doesn't PADI define it as over 60ft?

Recreational Scuba Training Council (RSTC)

Interesting.

So there will be a standard for recreational training. It looks like it's not there yet. "Based on the current process timeline, RSTC officials hoped that the new SCUBA training standard (Z375.1) will reach approval/publication stage by early 2002." - ANSI

If you look at the agencies involved, http://www.wrstc.com/agency.php?country=usa
GUE isn't the only one missing. I don't see NAUI there either.

Since this is for recreational scuba I don't think it applies to GUE. They don't do basic open water. Notice that TDI isn't on the list either.

They percieve RSTC standards as too low and want no part of it. They lead the rest in terms of teaching rescue to OW students. What good is a buddy if he really can't help you? They are not perfect by any means, but they stick to their principles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom