Since the Seeker has been a recent topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am finishing The Last Dive by Bernie C, and is the Seeker that is being referred to here, the same Seeker "of Death" that plays a major part in the book???
I am loving the book and will be sorry to end it (which will probably be this weekend).
ok - back to the discussion.

James

Originally posted by Paul168341
I agree with everything you've said Tom, just one question.
Where in Udo's letter, or Dan's response, is the Doria mentioned?

It isn't mentioned. I assumed it. If you talk traveling to do deep wrecks up there you're talking Doria. That's what he meant I'm sure.

Tom

is the Seeker that is being referred to here, the same Seeker "of Death" that plays a major part in the book???

I am looking for the information but I believe that I read somewhere that during the early 70's the major training agencies got together and set minimum standards for at least basic training. Didn't they form a oversite group that became the forerunner of DEMA?

I believe you are refering to the Recreational Scuba Training Council (RSTC). If memory serves, all major training agencies plus the Undersea Medical Hyperbaric Society sit on this advisory board. They work together to draw up the training standards to which you refer.

Meanwhile, DEMA is the Diving Equpment Manufacturers Association.

Different organizations....

~SubMariner~

Does anyone know who insures GUE instructors?

Originally posted by PA/NJdiver

I'm just curious if this is going to be a problem with other NJ boats. George has p***** off quite a few people here in the NE. If only I had my own boat and captain's license.

Stacey

This could be taken one of two ways. You could mean you wish you had your own boat so you could take the people who are being screwed by other captains out for diving. However, you could mean that you wish you had your boat so you could get back at George and not take GUE trained people out. If it is the first possiblity then cool. If it is the second, then that is simply wrong. George is not GUE, and not associated with GUE. Why punish many highly trained divers because of the actions of one person not even associated with the orginization.

Originally posted by SubMariner

I believe you are refering to the Recreational Scuba Training Council (RSTC). If memory serves, all major training agencies plus the Undersea Medical Hyperbaric Society sit on this advisory board. They work together to draw up the training standards to which you refer.

Meanwhile, DEMA is the Diving Equpment Manufacturers Association.

Different organizations....

~SubMariner~

What is the relationship between RSTC and GUE?

Jarhead

JamesK,

This could be taken one of two ways. You could mean you wish you had your own boat so you could take the people who are being screwed by other captains out for diving. However, you could mean that you wish you had your boat so you could get back at George and not take GUE trained people out

I definitely meant the statement to mean to take the people out who are being screwed by other boat captains.

Stacey

Originally posted by PA/NJdiver
JamesK,

I definitely meant the statement to mean to take the people out who are being screwed by other boat captains.

Stacey

OK. Cool. I just wanted a clarifiaction. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom