Singapore Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At long last, something Singapore and Singaporean.... With the mucky waters and Pualu Hunto.... Wahahaahahha

Kira Kujira you mentioned Hunto, I'd like to find out about diving in Singapore, it seems that we always head to Malaysia or Indonesia or further for diving .. what about here, so we can do a dive on the weekend and still go for Ultimate Frisbee on Sunday?

Does anyone have any info on diving in Singapore, where, how contact details etc,
thanks team

blackice,

Palau Hantu, a training ground for those who are looking for budget diving course. Once you had completed your course there, you tend to appreciate other diving sites as you can’t find anything worse.

You could call it muck diving, with much less marine lives but some small ikan and soft corals; mostly sandy seabed. If you get a visibility of 3m, you are very lucky, mostly less than 1m with current as in most muck diving.

Lastly, you could try diving in Sister’s Island, St John Island, Palau Ubin and Raffles Light House; come with current, strong waves and low visibility.

You could try to gate next to the WTC where the boat will bring you to Hantu; last thing I heard was that PSA was going to lock the gate and move these boats to Jurong jetty.

Hi, Buddies,
I will be driving down to S'pore from KL later this week, to pick up some dive gear but would like some help with knowing where would be a good place to buy wet suits. I am looking for a "farmer-john" type of wet suit but these don't seem common these days.

Since I have posted this rather late, I'd appreciate it if a S'porean diver friend could respond quickly, to enable me to find out where is a good shopping place for dive equipment (besides Lucky Plaza).

Thanks.

Not sure i f you can find this type of suit in Singapore. However you may want to try the Concourse mall on Beach road which has Scubapro and Oceanic shops. Or you could get your suit custom made (private mail me if you want the contact details)

The oceanic shop in Concourse has a big selection of suits right now, if im not mistaken there were some two piece type suits. if you look at oceanic home page (do google oceanic etc etc) you will see they do have that type of suit in a tropical weight.

Thanks, guys.....for responding so quickly. Concourse sounds like a good place to start. Much obliged.

Hello Sinner;

Your invitation sound really appealing............Care to tell me more about this diving gang of yours...............???

Just in case anyone is interested, Acronman http://www.acronman.com, custom make wetsuits at reasonable prices (i.e. somewhere between off the rack and famous brands)

The advantage is that they'll make the suit to fit and you can choose the style, pattern and thickness to meet your own requirements. They can get the new suit to you in a week.

I've had my last 2 made by them and have had no complaints with them. You can send in your measurements, go to them directly, or go to someone like Diver'sDream at Adephie (opposite Funan) who'll arrange for the tailor to come and measure you at their shop

Cheers

Hi to all the divers here....

I have just gotten my OW couple of weeks ago and am now planning to take my AOW. I'm thinking to read more abt the fishes and corals becos during my course... i have no idea what they were... so sad... i cant share with friends on what i have seen..... :(

Any sites where i can learn abt the types of fishes and corals... especially those which are common in Malaysia's water?

Back
Top Bottom