SINGLE most useful thing you have learned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The RNPL tables without a doubt. The ones i use used to be used by hard hat divers in the big old brass helmets when they where commonplace so they are quite old but by god they are simple and make life incredibly easy. Its incredibly useful being able to look at your watch and depth gauge and know pretty much instantly how much time you have remaining, how long you'll have for a second dive e.t.c.

Good buoyancy and horizontal trim are not beyond the ability of, or too difficult for OW students to get. Though teaching it to them seems to be beyond the ability of some instructors.

Buoyancy control

Exhale or die on emergency ascent.
Just remember BOYLE'S Law:
"Breath Or Your Lungs will Explode, Stupid!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My father made sure I was completely comfortable in the water.

Before I made my first scuba dive (at age 7) I was spring board diving, cliff diving, breath hold diving, canoe sailing, white water canoeing, white water sport yak-ing (little row boat), white water tubing, white water snorkeling and competitive aau swimming.

For over 40 years I have always felt like I am the most comfortable human in the water, even when I was nearly drowning. That is a really comforting feeling :)

The single most useful thing I've learned is that I learn something on EVERY dive.

I may learn or improve a new technique or about a new piece of gear, or about my own capabilities stretching my comfort zone. Love the "aha" moments.
I may learn a new site, or about a new critter, or meet a new boat crew. I always learn something from my students.
I may learn something new about my buddy's abilities or gear.
I may meet a new diver, learn about them & see the same ole thang thru new eyes and learn that I have a new dive buddy.

If at the end of the day, I ever feel like I didn't learn something, then it is time for a new challenge, another course, road trip, or a Scubaboard dive event.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If at the end of the day, I ever feel like I didn't learn something, then it is time for a new challenge, another course, road trip, or a Scubaboard dive event.

This one is really good. Learning new facets of diving including wrecks, tec, photography, etc. will keep a diver stimulated, invigorated and safer...

Looking professional in a red drysuit when instructing in a drysuit.

With the option of blending in having descended a few feet.

Slow down. I enjoy my dives more now than I did twenty years ago. I used to kick from one rock to the next, or just had to make a full lap around a wreck. I was missing thousands of interesting animals. I now spend an hour covering an area about the size of a car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom