singles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, while Meat Market is a crude term, isn't that what this thought was initially? It did after all spawn out of "How to meet single male divers" in the women divers forum.

If the thought was a buddy search forum, isn't that what the Neptune Divers club and similiar forums at SB are for?

I think with all the brainstorming, the original intent's been lost.

I, for one, am all for a singles thread. I think a clean forum about issues for people that do most of their dive trips alone is a great idea.

I recently went on a "singles" trip where most of my dive buddies were female and have an outstanding time. I was/am seeing somebody so I wasn't interested in the "meet market" concept either. It was nice to be around divers where I wasn't ignored because their SO was around. Also, I could talk to women without that lurking presence of the SO feeling that I was hitting on his wife/ fiancee/ girlfriend and have a pleasant adult conversation (adult does not imply filthy, I just mean to include some of the topics that we wouldn't discuss in the presence of children.) This is my major issue with being a single diver.

I feel that if we police the couple of bad apples that we will surely get, it won't get any more risque than some of the other threads that I have seen (which are marginally inbounds). Hopefully, under the ground rules that I have seen, we will be allowed to give it a try!

I have been following this "Singles Forum" thing for a while and thinking all along that I wanted to post to point out that this topic has been so twisted into different directions that it looks like a box of siamese pretzels.

My 1st point would be that of GQmedic's: Even though some of you are now saying it wouldn't be for finding an SO or a date to dive with... but it in fact was brought up for that purpose. People were looking for the single male/single female connections. Not just dive buddies.

Second point: If you are looking for a "single" dive partner, why can't you look in the appropriate geographical forum? I know that in the Deep South Divers forum, we haven't had a problem hooking up divers who do not have a regular dive buddy or a partner to dive with.

Third point: This mirrors point two in that if you are posting a "Singles" trip why not post it in the geographical forum of the destination?

From what I have seen and participated in here on the board, sometimes it is hard to know what to moderate, what is over the line to some may not be to others. And, as mentioned before, if people want a mate they can go to Singles.com.

I personally think you have a better chance of "hookin' up" with an SO dive buddy or just dive buddy if you just dive.

It is pretty clear no matter where you post if you are SM looking for a SF diver connection and I don't mean single/solo either. I don't really think any of you do either. 'Cause if you were just looking for someone to dive with - there wouldn't be the emphasis on "single."

Natasha and the other Mods, I think you do well considering the requests of the board and I for one appreciate what you all do for the board and appreciate your hard work.

There is no way for the moderators to truly monitor under age surfing on the net so don't even think they can.

The question remains:

Is there a need for a singles forum?

Once again, your arguments for a Singles Forum just to find another person to dive with doesn't hold water. No pun intended. Other reasons may apply.

R

RavenC once bubbled...
Third point: This mirrors point two in that if you are posting a "Singles" trip why not post it in the geographical forum of the destination?

That is an excellent idea...I never thought of that...I thought we were supposed to post them in the 'group trip' section! But I suppose we could post them in the geographical section where the trip is being run just as easily!

YUP!

I'm still waitin' to bump into, swim into or otherwise hook up with a diver chickie with long dark hair, green eyes and a decent sac-rate that's not allergic to seafood or ME! *chortle*

RavenC once bubbled...
*SNIP*
The question remains:

*UNSNIP*

RavenC once bubbled...
<snip>
... If you are looking for a "single" dive partner, why can't you look in the appropriate geographical forum?

<snip>

From what I have seen and participated in here on the board, sometimes it is hard to know what to moderate, what is over the line to some may not be to others. And, as mentioned before, if people want a mate they can go to Singles.com.

<snip>

Natasha and the other Mods, I think you do well considering the requests of the board and I for one appreciate what you all do for the board and appreciate your hard work.

There is no way for the moderators to truly monitor under age surfing on the net so don't even think they can.

The question remains:

Once again, your arguments for a Singles Forum just to find another person to dive with doesn't hold water. No pun intended. Other reasons may apply.

R

Well said, and thank you.

The mods are discussing this (quelle surprise) but you can see just some of the issues we're trying to deal with.

OK hears goes a start you all in the Carolina Can post little bit about your self if you want too, I will moderate all posts at first even our friends from deep south can post if they feel like it, I will kind of at first keep it kind of looking for dive partner ect and maybe move from there with caution.

I think it was you that said 'why not post trips in the destination forum', and not the group trip forum?
The reason is, it's easier for us to see what trips are being offered, and be sure they are not violating the TOS.

We are still voting on the Single's Forum.
The vote ends this coming Wednesday.
We will let you know the out come.
Thanks for your patience.

Natasha, I didn't mean instead of I meant if there is a trip in that area then it might help in connecting divers that's all. Just another way for people to get together. R

I understand what you're saying.
It would be considered spamming the board to post anything in more then one place, unless special permission was given by the owners.
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom