Sink the Stink - Get a bootie dryer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone noticed issues with using warm air to dry their neoprene dive boots? I read somewhere that heat would degrade the glue and thus have stayed away from building my own rack like the other poster did with PVC and an unwanted hair dryer, but the dryer the OP posted is honestly no warmer than our summer temps here (101-114 degrees F per the Amazon listing)... and I wouldn't have to worry about it shorting out or catching the floor on fire like the hair dryer :p

Has anyone noticed issues with using warm air to dry their neoprene dive boots? I read somewhere that heat would degrade the glue and thus have stayed away from building my own rack like the other poster did with PVC and an unwanted hair dryer, but the dryer the OP posted is honestly no warmer than our summer temps here (101-114 degrees F per the Amazon listing)... and I wouldn't have to worry about it shorting out or catching the floor on fire like the hair dryer :p
but your kind of heat is like soaking in a hot tub...

the only thing i can imagine wrong is the stench if you haven't thoroughly rinsed out the urine.

These driers are 20GBP from Seaskin.

They are reusable. They are basically just big bags of dessicant. When they start to work less well, you just microwave them to put them back to new. Or in a warm oven. The instructions cover several options.

Stick them in your booties overnight and they'll be dry inside in the morning.

I have not used mine much. I got them mainly to dry the inside of my boots in my drysuits, which I don't often get wet. But, they do work!

These driers are 20GBP from Seaskin.

They are reusable. They are basically just big bags of dessicant. When they start to work less well, you just microwave them to put them back to new. Or in a warm oven. The instructions cover several options.

Stick them in your booties overnight and they'll be dry inside in the morning.

I have not used mine much. I got them mainly to dry the inside of my boots in my drysuits, which I don't often get wet. But, they do work!

Any idea what the clips are for? Maybe so you can clip them together and make it easier to reach down to just the crotch area and pull both out?

Any idea what the clips are for? Maybe so you can clip them together and make it easier to reach down to just the crotch area and pull both out?

Right. Comes with a strap and clips so the driers can hang down the suit legs into the boots and you can just lift them out with the strap.

Right. Comes with a strap and clips so the driers can hang down the suit legs into the boots and you can just lift them out with the strap.
That's what I assumed... pretty cool.

How often do you guys get wet in the foot? Outside of leaks (which haven't hit me yet) my feet never feel wet. Maybe when diving warmer water?

What do you guys think of this one? Dirt cheap and weights less than a pound.

The reviews suggest they may not be fast enough for drying stuff overnight, ready to use the next day.

I have a pair of these:

They definitely work. But, they're kind of a pain to use in drysuit boots. That is why I got the Seaskin driers. I wanted something that worked without having to be plugged in.

The powered ones have a cord that splits in a Y. The length of the portion that goes to each actual dryer is too short to fit down a drysuit leg and reach into the boot. The Y is at the suit crotch and the dryers won't reach the feet unless I futz around with the suit so that the legs are short, but still open for the air to be able to circulate.

That's what I assumed... pretty cool.

How often do you guys get wet in the foot? Outside of leaks (which haven't hit me yet) my feet never feel wet. Maybe when diving warmer water?

Rare for me. That's why I haven't used my Seaskin driers much...

The reviews suggest they may not be fast enough for drying stuff overnight, ready to use the next day.

I have a pair of these:

They definitely work. But, they're kind of a pain to use in drysuit boots. That is why I got the Seaskin driers. I wanted something that worked without having to be plugged in.

The powered ones have a cord that splits in a Y. The length of the portion that goes to each actual dryer is too short to fit down a drysuit leg and reach into the boot. The Y is at the suit crotch and the dryers won't reach the feet unless I futz around with the suit so that the legs are short, but still open for the air to be able to circulate.
I do not see the picture. Can you try again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom