Sink the Stink - Get a bootie dryer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

every time I read the title of this thread, it makes me think of this

but your kind of heat is like soaking in a hot tub...

the only thing i can imagine wrong is the stench if you haven't thoroughly rinsed out the urine.

Agreed. I normally only rinse, if diving freshwater, after a few days of diving OR if it's convenient (tub, vat, etc. with clean water or a place to hang & hose it off). Saltwater I typically rinse as well as possible and hang it up immediately, but that's fairly rare for me. Boots are getting rinsed 1-3x either way because foot water is gross... then everything gets the wetsuit soap treatment when I get home and have my big plastic tote I can soak and wash it all in.

Looks to me like an affiliate link. In other words, an ad so the OP can make money. I could be wrong, though. For a non-affiliate link, see below. And remember, there are a lot of boot and glove dryers available, so maybe look around before jumping at the first one you see. In my opinion, this one if far from the best available.

Do not see anything to click on, just empty space.

It must be security/privacy settings in your browser.

Looks to me like an affiliate link. In other words, an ad so the OP can make money. I could be wrong, though. For a non-affiliate link, see below. And remember, there are a lot of boot and glove dryers available, so maybe look around before jumping at the first one you see. In my opinion, this one if far from the best available.

Not sure which link you're talking about, but for the record, the link I posted to Amazon is not an affiliate link or anything I would get anything out of at all. I scrubbed the link before I even posted it and yet it looks like some kind of spam link anyway. I suspect ScubaBoard is "decorating" the link...

It must be security/privacy settings in your browser.

Not sure which link you're talking about, but for the record, the link I posted to Amazon is not an affiliate link or anything I would get anything out of at all. I scrubbed the link before I even posted it and yet it looks like some kind of spam link anyway. I suspect ScubaBoard is "decorating" the link...
Very good. Sorry to doubt you. I do like the dryers with four things rather than two, though.

Built this for my dive trailer. Handles 3 divers worth of hoods, gloves and boots. Everything is dry overnight. The fan is a grow-tent unit built to handle the moisture :) Lots of holes drilled in the box lid under the HVAC vent glove dryer toppers. The top PVC elbows are full of holes as well for the hoods.

IMG_4616.jpg
IMG_4602.jpg
IMG_4603.jpg
IMG_4615.jpg

I built a thing for drying my Choptima's counterlungs that I could probably use for drying booties.
2023-10-28 00.08.48.jpg

The premade boot dryer is a lot cheaper, but this has gusty airflow and a long hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom