Sipadan Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gunned

Reaction score
We've booked with www.sipadan-resort.com but I am struggling to find any independent reports about this operator. Has anyone stayed there and if so can you let me know if I've made a good choice? Any tips appreciated. Going in March.

Many thanks

I preferred Borneo Divers but I am sure you will have a decent stay with this operator too. It is right next door to BD. Make sure you do a few dives at Mabul / Kapalai too - unless you are only on Sipadan for a very few days. The macro life there is well worth the short trip. Be prepared - viz and weather may not be so good in March. That is the tail end of the monsoon season. The good side is that this means fewer divers.

Came back from Sipadan a couple of weeks ago and stayed with Pulau Sipadan Resort. Some quick comments:
- bungalows are simple but nice - right on the beach.
- got an interesting dive briefing in my life: "Max depth is 40m - anyway if we see something interesting at 40m, we'll go deeper"
- was not impressed by the food, except for the day when we had sashimi
- would recommend spending a few days in their other resort in Kapalai which is very nice, has great macro diving and is only 20' from Sipadan.

Have a great trip !

Stayed there last year, agree with Frogfish on the food front, another good reason to spend a few days at their sister resort Kapalai which is 20 mins away (food and accomodation so nice there). we did a package which split our stay 3 nights on Sipadan 4 on kapalai best of both worlds (do sipadan first). As Zippsy mentions they are next to bornwo divers so drop off is only a few fin kicks away so night dives are a doddle, and on the whole the dive guides did the job. Did have one hickup when all their compressors went down, we suggested getting other shops (like Borneo) to help them fill tanks and got turned down, seemed strange wouldnt like to be borneo divers if there compressors blew up big time boot was on other foot.

Have a blast

I was at Pulau sipadan resort last year in november and I'm going back 29th march 2004 ! It's a wonderfull place. The staff is very sympathic and I found that the food was not bad at all, I was expecting worse than that !

Have fun, maybe we'll see each other ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom