sitech shoulder dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Montana Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased an older whites bi-lam commercial drysuit. It is yellow back zip, appears to be a commercial dry suit since it has webbing sewn into the lower chest area, connected with a d ring and carabiner.

It has a sitech shoulder dump, however the valve does not feature a rachet system. I have only been in the pool thus far to acclimate to the suit, however the dump valve seems strange. It operates properly, it just doesn't click when adjusted. I am considering replacing the valve just to feel more comfortable. I have been diving with it in nearly full open, fearing I might accidently close it. Have you had any problems this way?

Planning on my first OW fresh water dive this weekend.

Perhaps if it is defective you will want to switch me out for a new Fusion, LOL.

If you accidentally close it, you only have to push it to let air out... No problem at all! Just get used to adjusting it, and try to get rid of as much lead as you can, as having as little air as possible, while still warm and comfortable, inside the suit reduces your risk of nasty surprises when ascending!

The "racheting" system is akin to hockey card's in your bike spokes.
Makes a noise but doesnt really make a difrence to the opertaion of things.
Just mention it when the suit is in for servicing and we can put a new rachet in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom