• No, but I enjoy sitting in the base lodge and drinking

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Absolutely NO: Screw this snow thing, I'm going south to dive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dammit, I have a feel my evil work schedule is gonna mess this all up since I work weekends. Does anybody do weekday skiing? (The tix are cheaper and the slopes empty).

Or maybe I'll get fired and have all the time in the world. :puter:

notabob once bubbled...
I've been thinking of giving it another try, but gotta find someone who's as inexperienced of a skier as I am to buddy up with.

Roman - If I try to learn how to snowboard we should get to get together and explore the bunny slopes.

Spectre - I have Monday off, no life and I miss racing. I'll PM you.

mer once bubbled...

Roman - If I try to learn how to snowboard we should get to get together and explore the bunny slopes.

Sure, d'love to! MSilvia mentioned he might be learning the board too, so down the bunny slope we all will go! Someone should bring a camcorder :)

-Roman.

I have every intention of doing my best impression of the Wide World of Sports "Agony of Defeat" guy.

Mer, I might night ski some weekdays, if that works for you.

notabob once bubbled...

Someone should bring a camcorder :)

MSilvia once bubbled...
I have every intention of doing my best impression of the Wide World of Sports "Agony of Defeat" guy.

Mer, I might night ski some weekdays, if that works for you.

For skiers, I'm willing to give lessons occasionally.

For snowboarding, if we have enough people maybe we should go do a NELD group lesson and all flounder around together. It can't be anymore less graceful than an exit at Magnolia/Catherdral/Norman's in heavy surf... or can it?

I need to try the board this season: I promised a novice snowboarding friend that I'd learn as soon as I stopped racing. But then again, maybe Spectre will give me a reason to not fufill that promise. (I had promised cause I'd be on my skis while she was learning to board and would LITERALLY ski circles around her... I'm evil like that.)

I've been skiing for about 25 years now.

I can usually manage to find my way to the bottom of anything that lacks (1) moguls; or (2) closely spaced trees.

My favorite hill is Burke Mountain. Far fewer obnoxious weekenders and short lift lines (as in less than 5 minutes).

Stowe is a close second.

I'll probably try to get out this season as I'm down to one boat that is still in the water and we've finally finished our teaching schedule for the season.

I don't want to commit yet due to scheduling conflicts, but I'd be up for a trip to Central or Northern VT.

I may be getting myself into a heap of trouble on this one, but....
My house which is supposed to be completed Dec 15th is the same exit as Sunday River in Me. Only about an hour from the house. I can not commit to any dates right now, but after we get settled in there it would be a blast to have everyone come up for the evening/weekend for a ski/snowboard trip.
It's a damn good thing my wife is too busy at work to ever check this site!:beheaded:

Back
Top Bottom