skill perfection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enroll sooner rather than later--before you ingrain bad habits. Take the class first, then practice.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. Practicing a technique correctly means you'll do it right under pressure when you don't have time to focus on that element. Endless practicing something wrong means that under pressure you'll do it wrong. It's really hard to fix something after you have done it wrong a few thousand times. Spend the 2 days with an instructor to show you how to do the skills right before practicing them.

I agree with both of these; much better to practice the correct procedure than risk developing bad habits you'll just have to undo. Good luck with your class.

There's more here than might be apparent at first, and I am not willing to take the dismissive attitude that was my initial impression.

My assessment is on his form. One leg or two; his hips tend to weakness, knees dropping consistently, imprecise loading movements.

He's making propulsion, but still exhibits the flaws that many uncoached/self-taught divers make - which keeps efficiency low.

Back
Top Bottom