Skills you practice on a regular basis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucid once bubbled...
Speaking of reels. I should have a underwater fishing pole ready soon. Coolest thing about it is the auto-reel feature. It'll use low pressure air from the tank to activate the reel. Still working on casting techniques.

Don't need to cast. Just let out some line behind you as you go and troll.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

Why don't you just swap out the regs while you have the doubles off.
Now that would be a funny skill. Are you teaching a class tonight? You should pull that on them. Tell them they are required to remove their scuba unit at depth, take the regs off, replace them, replace the scuba unit, all in midwater while maintaining trim and buoyancy.

I can't think of a funnier April fools gag..

O-ring once bubbled...
I know I am not the only one who practices this stuff. Yes, #1 is hard (especially with double steels), but if you are practiced up and paid attention in your DIRF you should be able to manage it without your trim and buoyancy going to heck. Tom is right...#2 is easy. #3 is also a bit hard unless you are pretty limber, but really not much harder than a valve drill. Who cares if it trashes your regs...you just replace them every couple months. What's more important here, a few hundred dollars worth of regs or your ability to handle problems underwater?

So you practice trashing your regs pretty often, huh? Why would you do that?

Oohhhhhhh.....forgot to look at my calendar there for a second. :rolleyes:

lucid once bubbled...

Same reason that I attached the regulator from a Spair Air to a HP 120. Because I can.

That makes one hell of a big spare air :) Did you come up with a convenient carrying case for it as well so that I could just strap it onto my BC?

O-ring once bubbled...

Now that would be a funny skill. Are you teaching a class tonight?

Except you loose the double meaning of 'troll' :)

I can... but I waited until my boss didn't have enough time to pull it off before I gave it to him... :egrin:

Actually Eric... you're a manager. PM me if you've got some free time!

O-ring once bubbled...
... but we do practice those skills... in fresh water of course so that the regs don't get trashed... but we dive balanced rigs and will pull a surprise signal on the other guy where we go on one another's long hose and then ditch~n~switch rigs. It is much more difficult with double steels but with practice it can be done without moving up or down in the water column. At present we are only switching out the left post reg during the switch but eventually we plan on getting the right post swap down pat as well.

King Kong Matt once bubbled...

...<snip>...
[*]Valve drills (still having MASSIVE problems reaching my valves in my drysuit)
...<snip>...

Don't put your valves in your drysuit.

This entire thread serves me right for ACTUALLY trying to start CONSTRUCTIVE and INTELLIGENT discourse on Scubaboard...

O-ring started it.

This entire thread serves me right for ACTUALLY trying to start CONSTRUCTIVE and INTELLIGENT discourse on Scubaboard...

Hey, pretty much...hehe. :)

I did try to post a somewhat serious post at the start of all this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom