SkyService Question....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canuck once bubbled...
Big Bubbles....would this be the bag you speak of? If so, how do you find it? Enough room for all of your gear, and is the equipment able to "breath" through the fabric? I don't want to put wet equipment in there if it will get stinky and gross!

Big Bubbles (I was going to short'n in to Bubbles, but that sounded funny and Big just wouldn't work sorry B)and I use the same one... and that's it. It is a great deal, nondescript and bullet proof. I put half my stuff into rubbermaid containers (for protection) and it still all fits in. I have never had a problem with my gear gettin stinky, but it's only sat wet for a day or two at the most. Any longer and I would be concerned about mildew and mold.

and to answer your question.......Put your regs, computer, camera in your carry-on. A little heavey however safer. Put the rest of your gear in a non-descript generic suitcase. Preferably one with wheels. Personally I locked mine with cable ties.. Do not advertise your gear. Great way to lose it. as far as worrying about the smell, dry the gear out before you repack it to come home. Gie it a good rinse in the shower at the hotel/resort, and let it dry thoroughly. You will have at least a day before you fly home after your last dive so it will dry. When you get home take it out ASAP. If you can I would re-rinse it. And clean it.

TSA suggests that you help prevent the need to break your locks by keeping your bags unlocked. In some cases, screeners will have to open your baggage as part of the screening process. If your bag is unlocked, then TSA will simply open the bag and screen the bag. However, if the bag is locked and TSA needs to open your bag, then locks may have to be broken. You may keep your bag locked if you choose, but TSA is not liable for damage caused to locked bags that must be opened for security purposes. If you are transporting a firearm, please refer to the on "Transporting Firearms and Ammunition" section at the bottom of this page for directions on locking your bag.

If TSA screeners open your bag during the screening procedure, they will close it with a tamper evident seal and place a notice in your bag alerting you to the fact that TSA screeners opened your bag for inspection.

In the near future, TSA will provide seals at the airport for you to use to secure your bags as an alternative to locks. Until that time, you may want to consider purchasing standard "cable ties," which can be found at your local hardware store. The 4 to 5 inch variety cable ties generally work best since they are the easiest to remove at your destination and can be used to close almost every bag with zippers. If TSA needs to inspect your bag, the screeners will cut off the seal and replace it with another seal.

I would concur with BigBubbles that the MEC bag is just awesome especially for the price. It is called the MEC Rolling Odyssey and is $130 Canadian. Features include 1000 denier, wheels, , AND hide away back pack straps. There are four ways to carry this bag (wheels, backpack, handle, shoulder strap). It has 136L capacity so it is big.

I have field tested the bag on several trips and the thing is bullet proof. My only problem was it would tip over sometimes if cornerning too quickly.

As for getting smell out of any bag, Mirazyme works wonders. Just soak for ten minutes and hang to dry.

Mirazyme

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom