Slatemine 'Felicitas' Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 weeks ago I went with 2 other ccr divers in an old slate mine in Germany. This mine opened for divers a couple of weeks ago. The main part of the mine is 30m deep (in winter 34), and a small part is 40-45m deep. It has a lot of chambers and tunnels to explore. We did not went in far, but did 2 90 minute dives. The watertemperature is here limiting.
The pictures are taken in the 'newer' part of the mine. The 'older' part is for a next visit.
The tunnel from surface to the 30m zone is a no viz tunnel. And really no viz. As the mine is new for diving, a lot of perculation is falling of the ceiling. A lot of silt at the bottom. Only 10 divers a day are allowed. You have to pay an entrance fee and show your insurance and certs.

View attachment 476010
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

felicitas1.jpg

felicitas2.jpg

felicitas3.jpg

felicitas4.jpg

felicitas5.jpg

felicitas6.jpg

felicitas9.jpg

sorry I don’t speak German. What kind of certs do you need to dive this mine? Thank you!

"The use of the Felicitas slate mine in Bad Fredeburg for the above-mentioned activities can only be approved with proof of a Full Cave / Cave 2 certification or Mine Diver certification from one of the following diving associations:

SUB, IANDT, TDI, NACD, NAUI, NSS/CDS, UTD, PATD, CMAS CH, ANDI, SCD, Pro Tec as well as GUE and ISE.

All other cave divers / mine divers (certifications from other associations than the above or Intro Cave / Cave 1 divers) require a check dive beforehand."

Translated from the requirements page.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom