Sleaze in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yo tambien. My favorite Zappa quote:

The name of the game
Down in Washington
Is taking care
Of number one
And number one ain't you
You ain't even number two

Rest easy, Uncle Frank.

Hey Gordon "Who you jivin with that cosmic debris!"

Gaffer

Hey Gordon "Who you jivin with that cosmic debris!"

Gaffer
Frank Zappa was way more than the vulgar wildman persona he projected. He was quite literally a genius. He was a master of his instrument and he orchestrally scored all the parts in some of the most amazing music I have ever heard. His songs were full of biting social and political satire and his skewering of Tipper Gore and the congressional subcommittee on lyrics in music in the 70's was something to behold. There was an only partially tongue in cheek "Frank Zappa for President" movement during the 1980 election season. I really miss his sarcastic, cynical, and penetratingly astute observations on American culture; he would have had a field day with today's political scene.

I don't know if he was a diver or not. ;^)

Mud Sharkkk! Zappa at his best!

Frank Zappa was way more than the vulgar wildman persona he projected. He was quite literally a genius. He was a master of his instrument and he orchestrally scored all the parts in some of the most amazing music I have ever heard. His songs were full of biting social and political satire and his skewering of Tipper Gore and the congressional subcommittee on lyrics in music in the 70's was something to behold. There was an only partially tongue in cheek "Frank Zappa for President" movement during the 1980 election season. I really miss his sarcastic, cynical, and penetratingly astute observations on American culture; he would have had a field day with today's political scene.

I don't know if he was a diver or not. ;^)

Gordon I could not agree more. Back in the seventies he would perform in the twin cities the Wednesday evening before thanksgiving several years running. Went to see him each time. Seeing him perform the instrumental "Black Knapkins" live is something I will never forget.

Gaffer

1. It ain't a big deal.
2. It IS a big deal you said it wasn't a big deal.
3. You're gonna miss the $100 on orbitz.
4. Don't eat beans.
5. Zappa is cool.

I love SB. All that in one thread....

I think you missed a few CV:

6) McDonald’s has moved
7) Wet Wendy’s has a jewelry shop (a freakin’ brilliant business model if you ask me)
8) Brules is opening a dive shop (and since this venture was somewhat inspired to please Mike, I’m assuming he’ll offer super secret, midnight, panty raid dives, but only to his favored patrons, of course)
9) There’s a dive shop out there pretending to certify divers

There's more, but I'm getting distracted by the cool octopus photo thread....

So where is McDonald's now? Did they move because Melgar rents became too high? If so, where would they go that has cheaper rates yet provide adequate people traffic?

There used to be a KFC in that general area but they left and in their place is probably a jewelry store. Not sure about that since I cannot pinpoint where KFC was.

Things change.

I am sure Diamonds International needed another store front on Melgar and made the landlords an offer they couldn't refuse.

Does anyone else find it amusing/disturbing how many people are interested where the McDonald's in Cozumel is/was/will be located? LOL

Hmmm... if you really want to rile up the troops CV maybe start a thread "WHERE is MickeyD's?!? Are there ANY other decent places to eat on the island?" And if you really have a death wish, trash Wet Wendy's....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom