Slow Loading?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is it just me, or are the pages a LOT slower to load nowadays? It's almost like it takes forever to load, maybe because of all the graphics? They used to load really fast, now it takes 10-15 seconds for a page to load, no matter which computer I use......

It's not just you. I finally switched to high speed access and was surprised to see how much slower this board is that other sites.

It's not just you. It's painfully slow, even compared to other sites running vBulletin.

I've been wondering whether it's all the (poorly written) Flash ads, the excessive poorly written javascripts, or just too many of them. One of these days I'll get around to futzing with an ad blocker and try to find out.

I've been wondering whether it's all the (poorly written) Flash ads, the excessive poorly written javascripts, or just too many of them.
Feel free to share your expertise with us. :)

We can influence some of the coding or pass it on to our advertisers.

Feel free to share your expertise with us. :)

We can influence some of the coding or pass it on to our advertisers.

:doh: Oops. Forgot the question mark after the "poorly written".

Actually FWIW, the comments weren't based on any particular code analysis, just a couple of observations. One is that the Flash animations sometimes execute slowly, especially sometimes while the rest of the page is still loading and rendering. The other is that SB has recently (max maybe a few weeks) started locking up one of the computers I use that's always been a bit sensitive to some but not all Flash.

Yes, that's vague, but maybe it'll trigger a clue in someone else.

Lots of adds will do it everytime. I guess they gotta pay the bills on this place somehow. Customer service is usually the first thing to get kicked in the shorts!

:shocked: Now you're really making me unhappy. :(

We try to answer/solve all issues ASAP. Where did we go wrong?

I just clicked on your last post and it took at least 15 seconds to load. (I was on dialup for a long time so this wait still isn't bad for me. But similar actions on TDS and Scubatoys load in a couple seconds at most.

Almost 20 seconds to open this reply window to report it took about 10 seconds for the last reply to post. I'll stop now.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom