Slow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may have something to do with it.

Capture.JPG

Aside from being incorrect (we didn't have 32,000 users online at one time), I was not online to see what the issue was that caused this anomaly.

I just waited 5 minutes for the page to refresh so I could write this paragraph. We who actually live in the exotic dive destinations divers lust over typically have slow connections, and this site is so painfully slow to refresh pages that I am about to give up. It is information and images from these exotic destinations that largely drive the dive industry, and I would guess this forum is missing out because it excludes everyone who has less that a stellar internet connection. Other forums I frequent will first load a very basic page with no images that allows you to at least start reading, then post the images as they download. I tried this forum a couple of years ago with the same result and gave up, and am now about to give up again.

I'm terribly sorry that you are unable to enjoy the page loads that everyone else seems to have... There's not much more I can do to increase page load speed.

Our ranking (According to Alexa.com) is:

Capture.JPG -- BTW - Facebook is ranked as "Slow" @ 2.691 Seconds, and Google is called "Average" @ 1.278 Secs.

Might I suggest you try our Mobile Style -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=125 which is a very lite version of the site.

Beyond that, there are no additional plans to work on site optimization at this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom