SMALL 1080p HD camera and housing from Ikelite/JVC coming out in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Small compact HD video has many great applications, for another option check out the ContourHD 1080p with the H2OV housing, the ContourHD is essentially a helmet camera for many sports like skiing and biking, very simple to use and has a 135 degree angle lens. The H2OV is a hand built heavy duty housing tested to 50m and currently working on 80m. Home

I'm leaning heavily towards the JVC option. I have an e-mail into Ikelite to see if the Inon UWL 105 AD lens and Ikelite bayonet adapter are compatible with the JVC camera and Ike housing. That would be nice because I already own them. I'd just need another adapter for the video and swap the lens back and forth between the video and my still camera since I'll be mounting both on the same Ikelite double handled tray for a 'still and video all on one rig' effect. The 'frugal' side of me would still like to see something from the HeroHD. It's hard to beat $270. I'm going to Socorro in March, so I have a bit of time to wait for all the results to come in. I'd like to have everything by February so I have a month to fart around and tweak.

Tman2, ... One comment was that with the JVC you can't use macro mode while in the ikelite case...bg

Not true. All functions are available, including macro. You can see the control knob on the side of the housing.

thanks for the comment - the guy I spoke to at B&H must have been wrong...I"m also leaning towards the JVC - just curious to hear someone's report about it before I pull the trigger...

bg

Response from Ikelite regarding the poor video quality of the JVC Picsio: It wasn't any kind of error or problem with the camera, they juse wanted to get a low-res version up quickly to embed on their product website. A full-resolution video from the Picsio will be uploaded in a few days.

So if you were disappointed by the existing video, keep your hopes up!

Okay guys,
That to Submerge Video and Visa I am now the proud owner of the JVC video Camera.
Thanks to the machine shop at work and Scoot and my boss Jim. I am now have a tray to carry all my camera gear on. Sorry the pic is blurry, what can you expect from a camera phone on a Friday night?

ScubaBoard Gallery - 2009-11-20_19_00_41

ScubaBoard Gallery - 2009-11-20_18_59_54

Nice, Joe !! Good luck. You have to let us know how the Picsio works out. That's my 'plan b' if I decide not to go with the Contour.

Tomorrow is the big day, board the boat and head off to the first stop in Grand Cayman. I wont be posting video until I get back. But has soon as I get back I will have some up.

Bazooka Joe, you just gave me a great idea. I should be able to build a tray that can hold my SeaLife, the strobe, the JVC and the Ikelite video light. Now I can get the great stills from the SeaLife and the HD video from the JVC. thanks for the idea.

Back
Top Bottom