Small Knife for 2" webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottyK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I need to buy a new knife. My trusty old BFK sheath is cracking. Even though I'm using a back inflate now, I want something that will mount nicely on 2" webbing.

I found this knife from OMS that looks good.
http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/weba...6&cgrfnbr=968&parentCategory=965&sort=prsdesc

It's small, streamlined, has a hi-vis handle and the sheath is molded to slip right on to 2" web.

I'd appreciate any reviews, or ideas for different choices that would fit my preferences.

Thanks,
Scott

Do a search on here for "DIR" and "Betty Crocker."

In essence - go to Wal-Mart. Buy a set of four steak knives with a handle that has rivets all the way down - you want serrated knives that go all the way into the handle, not a handle butt-ended unto a knife.

Stick knife in a vise. Score a line with a file around the outside. Take a small hammer and perform a delicate manuever we here up in Canada call a "whack."

Find broken piece across floor on other side of garage. Throw in proper garbage receptacle. Take other half (knife with handle) and go to sidewalk. Grind edges on sidewalk until smooth.

Repeat 3x for other kives in package. Congratulations - you now have four dive knives that fit into a 2" webbing package nice, neat and securely. And the best part is if you lose one, it's replacement cost is about $2.

dirbettycrocker.jpg

knifeandharness.JPG

Boogie- Thanks! I tried the search engine, but didn't add Betty Crocker :wink:

I suppose when it's time to look up canister light threads I should try typing in "canister lights and Toll House cookies" :D

The idea is pretty cool though. I can probably buy the knife holder and figure out a way to rig it to my current BC for now. Then I'll be all set when I get something with a 2" harness.

Regards,
Scott

My knife holder is a piece of backplate or weightbelt 2" webbing, folded over and sewn together at a cobbler/shoe repair guy. I had to kind of show him what I wanted.

If you have an industrial sewing machine, you can do it yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom