Small Mouth - any ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkelle

Reaction score
Even though I am an adult, I have a very small mouth.

My mask is always filling with water because normal size regulators push on the bottom of my mask. Not to mention that my jaw aches after every dive.

Can anyone recommend a good regulator that is ultra light weight and small in size?

You need to get a micro mouthpiece and consider some of the micro regulators. I have had problems in the past and I tried several combinations.

I use a ScubaPro Fino Mask and I have chosen a ScubaPro regulator set S550 and R380. They are not in the micro field but they are small in comparison to other regs and I like that. The other reason I chose these is the performance. They breath like a dream. IMO.

I tried a US Micro reg and like it for its size. It is small and convenient. But I prefer a ScubaPro.

The mouthpiece is a key though - no jaw aches.

Hope this helps R.

Thanks guys. I have looked at a couple of the micro regulators, but have not checked on micro mouthpieces. Good info for a new diver with a small mouth to have!! Comfort is the key to having fun!! And as hungry as I am when I surface - I want to be able to eat without taking muscle relaxers for my jaws!!

The dive shop where I certified is trying to get a couple in for me to test out before I buy anything. Hopefully that will work out, and I will find something comfortable!!

Back
Top Bottom