Smith Lake--the good, the bad and the.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I now qualify as a DIMWIT.

The way I understood it is that you have to dive WITH a swamper to get swamper status. It's like a disease - you get it through buddy sharing :wink:

But I am open to being wrong if someone wants to correct me...

Let us not be confused here. DIMWIT vs. Swamper = 2 different things. The way I read the rules, you can be a DIMWIT on your own. You must dive with a Swamper to be a Swamper. Sounds like WetCell has 1 out of 2.

Let us not be confused here. DIMWIT vs. Swamper = 2 different things. The way I read the rules, you can be a DIMWIT on your own. You must dive with a Swamper to be a Swamper. Sounds like WetCell has 1 out of 2.

So, just by virtue of diving with a swamper, you become a swamper. This means that someone from New-York-Citee could be a swamper, but a Texan, after having dived in a Texas mudhole, jest a few miles down the road from his double-wide, would not be unless they dived with the New York Citee fella. Somethin' wrong there.

As for DIMWIT, I agree, anyone can be a DIMWIT, here's your sign!

So, just by virtue of diving with a swamper, you become a swamper. This means that someone from New-York-Citee could be a swamper, but a Texan, after having dived in a Texas mudhole, jest a few miles down the road from his double-wide, would not be unless they dived with the New York Citee fella. Somethin' wrong there.

Hmmm.... well put WetCell. Even though I'm a Texan and most of my dives have been at CSSP, I'm less of a Swamper than the New York Citee fella because I have yet to dive with another swamper.

I better get busy and find a swamper to dive with.

As for DIMWIT, I agree, anyone can be a DIMWIT, here's your sign!

Hmmm.... well put WetCell. Even though I'm a Texan and most of my dives have been at CSSP, I'm less of a Swamper than the New York Citee fella because I have yet to dive with another swamper.

I better get busy and find a swamper to dive with.

Sorry folks...that's the rules. You don't like it, you don't have to do it.

See how easy it is? We don't try to take your money. You don't have to be a natural born Texan. As Shawn would say; You just have to come out and have FUN with us. Being a Swamper has nothing to do with being a Texan. It only means you're a recognized part of our little social network. You don't want to be a part of it; no worries. We're not out recruiting.

Doublewide?!? C'mon man. You must have TX confused with Alabama or Arkansas.

Doublewide?!? C'mon man. You must have TX confused with Alabama or Arkansas.

Yeah, at least in Texas, we have class....

bikehouse2.jpg

Well, this Swamper will be diving at CSSP this Saturday. Let me know if you want to get your membership... :D

So that was you sneekin' around my place takin' photos! Luckily you got outta there before I found my shells! :)

Didn't your hound dogs sound an alert? What good is a first line of security if they don't do the job. Take em out and shoot em is what my son says if the hounds don't do their job.

That's actually a picture of my home in Baton Rouge... gotta let the neighbors know not to come knocking.

Looks like the place I used to have in Bastrop. Then I met my wife!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom