Smoking on a dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well actually I've had the misfortune of being in the presence of someone on a dive boat who repeatedly "relieved himself" and would just laugh about it. I finally told him, loud enough for everyone to hear, that it smelt as tho his nappy needed changing. Lmao. Then he turned bright red! Furthermore, it's not just farting I was referring to; personal hygiene isn't high on everyone's priorities. :errrr:

All I'm saying is that we're all in it together so a little tolerance and common courtesy - on BOTH sides - makes everything doable.
I agree with everything you've said, except for the last part. Tolerance to what? It's something they choose to do, well knowing that it annoys others around them.

I'll take a dive boat with polite smokers on the stern anyday over a dive boat with tobacco dippers who spit in trash cans and/or leave their friggin' spit cups laying around.

Real tobacco dippers do NOT spit. If you are trying to be man enough to chew, then be man enough to swallow.

Yes, I grew up in the hardcore redneck countryside of Kansas. Even though i have long hair, tattoos, like KISS, and ride a Harley; I think I could still hold my own with roping and riding against most cowboys.

I agree with everything you've said, except for the last part. Tolerance to what? It's something they choose to do, well knowing that it annoys others around them.

:doh: Yes, in the same manner that intolerance annoys others around them. ROTFL

Oh I was waiting for somebody to bring up the fart argument. You can't compare a natural bodily function with something that some people only do because they think they enjoy it. And I'm sure you never had anyone get up and fart in your face because they thought it would be funny. Not on a dive boat, anyway, I hope :tongue:

The City of Ottawa owns a campground. Not sure why, but that's another discussion. They recently banned smoking while not on your camp site and almost banned it completely in the campground. Where people are making wood fires. Deliberately. For fun.

The City of Ottawa owns a campground. Not sure why, but that's another discussion. They recently banned smoking while not on your camp site and almost banned it completely in the campground. Where people are making wood fires. Deliberately. For fun.
Not sure what your point is, but smoke from a wood fire isn't even half as annoying as smoke from a single cigarette.

Not sure what your point is, but smoke from a wood fire isn't even half as annoying as smoke from a single cigarette.
However, smoke from the fire is also burning plant fibers you inhale, so Im pretty sure its not healthy..

However, smoke from the fire is also burning plant fibers you inhale, so Im pretty sure its not healthy..
Yes, inhaling any sort of smoke isn't good, no doubt. I don't think anybody would go around and stand in a fire's way so they can inhale more smoke. Not even chain smokers I would think. Tells you something about the whole thing, doesn't it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom