Smoking weed on liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The answer is right in front of you, Bring a hooker that smokes weed, let her take the rap, more than likely she will f her way out of trouble. And I thought this thread was getting old, now I know how to answer, when it comes up again. Geez you just can't stop learning on SB.

Happy Diving

Hi,

Just wondering if liveaboard operators would have objection smoking a few joints at night time. I dont want to drink alcohol as I get very dehydrated.

Thanks

Does not bother me a bit... I always like lighting up a wolf turd just before I splash!!! :D

LOL... I would love to read this entire thread but I don't dare... I sure miss the "good old days" went a shot would cure most things and a lid cost 10 bucks!!!

Hugs and kisses....

To all the people saying, if you have to smoke to relax...and if you can not go in vacation with out, I hope you all don't have a drink to relax or enjoy a drink on vacation. I mean sure you can go on a vacation with no booze right? Not that I am saying someone should be toking where it is illegal to be doing so but don't be hypocritical just because you enjoy the drink over the smoke. We all like to relax, in our own way. Some people can't stand alcohol, some can't stand weed. Why can't we all get along lol. Unfortunately for those of you that enjoy the herb Anslinger got one by you with the single convention treaty on narcotic drugs. Since that is the world we live in and on a boat you can not make that decision for the rest of the paying customers, you need to leave it at home. Anyhow bringing weed to an international airport would be federal charges and not the smartest thing to do.

The answer is right in front of you, Bring a hooker that smokes weed, let her take the rap, more than likely she will f her way out of trouble. And I thought this thread was getting old, now I know how to answer, when it comes up again. Geez you just can't stop learning on SB.

Happy Diving

Can this be organised anywhere, or do you have to be in Vondelpark? Personally I don't like the sound of Vondelpark, apparently the place is full of [-]Americans[/-] loup-garou

I think some fail to see the real issue here with respect to smoking on a liveaboard. In areas where such drugs are illegal, and there is zero tolerance, doing so may put the entire boat, its owners and all its divers in jeopardy. If one absolutely has to toke on a trip, do it on land and take day trips out to dive(but be careful in those countries where there are stiff fines, imprisonment... or worse!). Personally I think weed should be legal, but I only use it maybe once every 1-2 years (and only when offered at a party). I don't drink a lot either (despite enjoying my wine and Scotch) since I'm either diving or editing video, neither of which I care to do (nor am competent to do) in a mind altered state. I wish they'd ban tobacco on liveaboards myself... nicotine is a seriously addictive drug with far too many identified health hazards to be legal.

I think some fail to see the real issue here with respect to smoking on a liveaboard. In areas where such drugs are illegal, and there is zero tolerance, doing so may put the entire boat, its owners and all its divers in jeopardy. If one absolutely has to toke on a trip, do it on land and take day trips out to dive(but be careful in those countries where there are stiff fines, imprisonment... or worse!). Personally I think weed should be legal, but I only use it maybe once every 1-2 years (and only when offered at a party). I don't drink a lot either (despite enjoying my wine and Scotch) since I'm either diving or editing video, neither of which I care to do (nor am competent to do) in a mind altered state. I wish they'd ban tobacco on liveaboards myself... nicotine is a seriously addictive drug with far too many identified health hazards to be legal.

stoned.jpg

<<ban tobacco>> I think you meant to say "everywhere", eh, Doc? It'd be ok if it wasn't for the exhaling and the "license to litter" prob.

Imagine a liveaboard in Asia with no smoking. You'd have to bring your own crew.

<<ban tobacco>> I think you meant to say "everywhere", eh, Doc? It'd be ok if it wasn't for the exhaling and the "license to litter" prob.

Imagine a liveaboard in Asia with no smoking. You'd have to bring your own crew.

As a former smoker myself (quit in 1970 and for the last time in 1975) I know how hard it is to kick that addiction. I can empathize with those who are still hooked since I understand how difficult it is to quit. Therefore I would not be in favor of a total ban on cigarette smoking, but don't think it should be done in confined public areas (including liveaboards). We've banned it on our beaches due to the litter issue (so tired of seeing butts just tossed on the sidewalk or sand), and some smokers will light up when they're sitting in front of a "No Smoking" sign.

You're right about the Asian liveaboards!

Personally I don't understand why companies that produce such a harmful product, and that increase its addictive nature just to keep people hooked, should be allowed to sell their product in the first place. And we pay for some of the health care costs associated with its damage.

Since the subject of diving and drinkinng has been mentioned, I would like to posit a question. I will not argue the fact that you can come up with a scenario where drinking a beer with lunch might slightly increase your risk of a misadventure while diving that afternoon. BUT, if we are to not be allowed to make that decision for ourselves ( as evidenced by the ubiquitous "your first drink of the day is your last dive" on every liveaboard I have evver been on ), why in the hell is the sale of alcohol promoted on the ski slopes? It is my estimation that drinking a fixed amount of alcohol will increase your risk of injury/death while skiing VASTLY more than it will increase you risk of injury/death while diving. Could it possibly be PROFIT MOTIVATION??? Sorry to get off the weed topic, just wanted to point out how inconsistent some of the risk aversion strategies are in different recreational pursuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom