smurf gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LiteHedded

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried some smurf gloves on at extreme exposure yesterday. how do you guys do ANYTHING with those gloves on???

I tried to take a bolt snap off of the wall with these gloves on and almost sent the whole display crashing to the floor. glad I do my diving in florida!

Lol... all it takes is a little practice. You do get used to them. :)

When I did my T1 a couple of years ago, we had a fellow from Malaysia on the course, who had never worn them. He came over a couple of weeks before the course, and did absolutely everything in them to get used to them... like.. going for coffee, laundry... you name it.

He ended up with no problems at all. :p

if I did a tech dive with these gloves on I would probably end up dead

It does take getting used to. That said - I don't wear them if something more minimal will work. I am going to wear them on a dive trip this week (water temps 55-65) in prep for some So Cal diving next month. I did find that my initial sizing was too big, and bought a slightly smaller size which made dexterity much better.

It does take practice getting use to them, and I am still getting use to them but they do keep my fingers and hand warm during a dive in local waters

What the hell is EE doing stocking blue gloves??

Getting the right liners helps. The trick is not something thick and fluffy. Ideal liners are thin but "crushproof" cause your hands are always fairly low and the gas won't stay in them. Smushable fleece is colder. I have been using some coarse wool ones from Seattle Marine for a couple years now, those work well and are cheap.

The super thick ones I got at Canadian Tire while diving with Gitterdun a few years ago are warm but I can't do much in them.

i know at least one diver up around here that uses them in caves. he might have something to do with why they have them in stock there. I know EE gets a lot of out of town traffic too.

Nawidny and I used them in Reappearing River (cave) earlier this summer but honestly I was pretty scared of poking holes in them the whole time. KMD used wet gloves. Water was 43-44F. Its really hard feeling the tension on the reel spool with your finger/thumb when its numb.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom