Snorkel position during diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, always: on my leg.
A better solution is to purchase a BC snorkel: Sherwood, Oceanic, Aqualung and others have them.

No snorkel, causes more issues then helps. Entanglement hazard, puts pressure on your mask strap which can cause leakage, etc. Some people like them though, when floating on the surface. But if I'm on the surface waiting for a bit, I'll just flip on my back. Foldable snorkels are an option, though.

graywolf:
Do you wear your snorkel while diving? It seems to get in the way and twist my mask strap. Thanks
Only if the dive requires a long surface swim and even this it is stowed underwater.

James Goddard:
Only if the dive requires a long surface swim and even this it is stowed underwater.

my favorite place for my snorkle well i dive.... in my gear bag of course. i thnk its in there anyways...

graywolf:
Do you wear your snorkel while diving? It seems to get in the way and twist my mask strap. Thanks

What kind of connection do you have to your mask strap? I use a quick-disconnect which usually keeps it straight.

And yes, it IS useful.

On the Shoal, surface conditions can be temperamental. Best to take the snorkel along in preparation for 2m+ swells. I keep my snorkel in my left BC pocket with my SMB. It is not particularly designed to fold up but is flexible enough to fit in.

It does not belong on your face during the dive.

Unless you like entanglement hazards and appendages flapping in the current. Er, never mind...

Cheers,

Andrew

I wear mine on the right side, out of the way of the inflator hose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom