Snorkel position during diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snorkel? yeah, in the gear box. hasn't come out since OW class.

Thanks for the great advice. Can't wait for my mask to be a snorkel-free zone.

Gear bag, but I may remove it from there also. I think it put me over the airline weight limit on my last trip :wink:

graywolf:
How do you wear it on your leg? With straps?
I stuck it between my knife straps. The snorkel I used was a TUSA Imprex, which has a very large "dry device" on top. By putting that above the top strap and the mouthpiece below the botton strap, it was surprisingly secure; with more standard snorkels it probably would not work and you are likely to loose your snorkel when your straps get looser due to wetsuit compression.
Also it does tangle a little bit.

A BC snorkel is IMO the better way to go. LP is selling a "telescopic" snorkel for only $9.

I purchased a thing from Zeagle that I think is ment to holds a snorkel on the BC sholder strap. I has a zipper that allows you to remove the snorkel. I mount the thing on the waist strap on my BC on the side out to the way. Just checked the Zeagle web page and don't see the thing listed, maybe they don't make it anymore.

In Laguna Beach, you get a ticket if the life guards catch you without a snorkel. I thought about taping a soda straw to my BC, but didn't want to mess with the Laguna Beach storm troopers.

Uncle Pug:
nailed to the wall in the garage.

So... SPG boots are nailed to trees and snorkels are nailed to the wall in the garages.... I am beginning to see a pattern :54:

No, I never wear a snorkel. Snorkels are for snorkeling only! I don't snorkel, so I don't need one. Snorkels just cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom