Snorkel Vs. No Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
I KNOW NOTHING, NOTHING, about naked diving.
:D

How about watching a tank explode while naked diving using a snorkel... :11:

Only if I can wear my mask on my forehead.

Gregoire:
I always felt like I was suffocating from the dead air in the snorkel on surcace swims so I just roll to my back and swim out that way. mind you most of my dives are freshwater lakes.
I have done the majority of my dives in Puget Sound and this is how I do my surface swims. On my back. So do many of my buddies.
I use to wear my snorkel but have not dove with it most of this year. I don't know why just thought one day that I would dive without it. I had been using it when I put on my fins and for nothing else.
I think to wear or not to wear is a choice you and only you can make. If you use it and love it keep on doing. If you feel that you have no use for one.. remove it and place it in your extra gear box.. (we know that all divers have an extra gear box). :D

Greg you are a pot stirrer!!!!! I went to your link and I saw a guy in a SHERIFFS BOAT with a mask on his head!! I did not see a single person offering O2 Please explain yourself.

LMAO

you see how embarasing a snorkel can be and MY GOD that guy on the right has his mask on his forehead, Call the rescue divers he has the sign of a diver in distress!! :D

Diver Dennis:
Hmmmm... I'm afraid this could spark more debate. Is that a legal color for a snorkel?

Hey, that guy stole my snorkel!!:11: He is not wearing it properly, however, because the book dictates the placement of the snorkel on the back of the mask strap. That way, when you put your mask on the back of your head (recommended on all surface intervals), the snorkel shows up very well (if in approved bright colors) to warn away boats!

Diver Dennis:
Very true BJD. As well it is missing the lavender stripe seen on all BJD snorkels. Must be a cheap knock off from China.

Darn, now we'll have to sue them for patent infringement!

I never wear a snorkle because it dangles against my head when I put my mask on my forehead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom